Extremely frusterated with Directv in Alaska

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WELCOME to the site, is the huge cost just because of the rooftop install? Those are big dishes to put on a roof. Could you pull the wire back and install on a pole by the house? Or just run new wire?

Those dishes are more expensive, and I'm sure it costs a pretty penny to ship them up to Alaska, but not anything that would warrant $1500 or so. I'd also recomend calling any other satellite companies in the vicinity (I know there may not be many)

Once you get above 90cm the shipping is unreal to ship them even here in the lower 48. 1.2m dish I've seen cost 100 bucks to ship and thats here in the states. A 1.8m offset dish...oh boy there's a lot of money there.

It's not to bad if you get them shipped up here on a slow boat. There are quite a few dishes on top of roofs, even though it's not my first choice. I told a local company not to put their antenna on my roof when I had my wireless cable installed. At the end of the day, I was greeted to a bright and shiny antenna and pole installed on the roof. Now I'm of the opinion that the damage is already done, what more can happen? I don't want to sound like Hank Hill but, I just put a new lawn in, I know it don't seem like a big deal, but North of town they are few and far between. I'm having a hard time ripping up my new yard to bury cable.

One more thing guys. Thanks for reading my post. I know that I was on a soap box on my original reply on this string I was frustrated with trying the different installers in the area and I was just venting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)