Extremely Odd VIP722 Behavior

mcasdorph

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 28, 2012
102
17
WV, USA
The last week or so, I've been having signal loss (partial & complete) on my 1000.2 EA setup, It used to show 1K.2 under device in Installation Summary, now it recognizes is as DP Feed or some crap in System info but doesn't say anything under Installation summary..

This is what it used to say:

Satellite Input 1 Satellite Input 2
Port 1 2
Satellite 72 61.5
Trans OK OK

Now its not showing 65.1w at all on Installation Summary.I have a 42 signal on 72 but in system info it has a red x on 72 even tho the channels for 72 come in.

I tried to talk to Dish on twitter and they wanted to set up a tech to come out and charge me $95 which is freaking stupid considering I think it is the Receiver software. Which also reminds me, can someone tell me when they rolled out L829 software on the VIP722? I'm hoping it was recent and maybe that update caused this problem because if it was then they need to roll out something else to fix this crap.

I checked my cables on the receiver and out to the dish and can't come up with an answer.
 

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
8,144
13,063
Pekin, IL
Have you run a Check Switch? Menu/6/6/1/Run Check Switch?

After it finishes, if it finishes correctly, go back one screen and acquire signal on each Satellite, then back out, let it d/l a new program guide and see what happens

L829 came out December 17th (L849 for the 722K - same day)
 

tedb3rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
397
62
Rome, Georgia, United States
..what HipKat said. Also.. I had a 722 that all of the sudden started doing stupid stuff like you mention. Long story short, the POWER SUPPLY to the DPP-44 switch was bad. They kept sending receivers and techs and nothing would remedy the problem. I finally convinced them to try replacing the one thing that had not been replaced. That was about 4 years ago. ..not a problem since. Good luck.
 

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
12,652
7,504
FL
I recently had a 722 go bad. The signal levels on all 3 EA sats just kept dropping and dropping over a span of a few weeks to the point that I would get partial signal loss and pixelation. Thought maybe it was an alignment problem, but it turned out to be the tuner(s) themselves in the receiver going bad. A receiver replacement solved my issue.

Probably not the same as your issue, but maybe something to consider.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mcasdorph

mcasdorph

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 28, 2012
102
17
WV, USA
For some reason I'm not getting email notifications from the site, not going to spam either.. I figured out what the problem was, the dish was slightly out of alignment from wind, I apparently had the bolts tight but not tight enough when I moved the dish from the house to a post in the ground during Summer, must just not had very strong winds up until lately and it must have moved it, I took the dish off the mast and checked for plumb and it was so I decided to set skew back to 90 and pan for 72, then re-skew for 61.5 and peaked it, all is fine, made sure it was tighter this time..
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top