Eyewitness news!

withay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Canyon Country, CA
Well, only if my eyewitness has the shakes... I seem to get a lot of breaking up when watching the news on this channel (KABC here in LA).... Sometimes after it breaks up the lips don't match the speech!

Just now, it was breaking up a LOT, I got frustrated, and I turned it off and back on, and it broke up and the lips didn't match. Turned it off and on again, and I had no audio at all. So I reset the box with the power button, still no audio. The SD TV in the other room, on a 625, works fine.

All other channels work ok.

Just went inside, it's working ok again. But the breaking up is hard to do... Or watch. Only on this channel, that I've noticed. Anyone have any ideas?

Just one channel... then I would guess either they are having problems, or dish is having problems with their feed.

Can you pick it up OTA as well, to see if the audio-sync and breaking up problem occurs on both?

KABC-HD has always been the one I have the break-up on the most. It seems to go in spells. It had been doing better until a couple of weeks ago. Late morning and mid to late afternoon are usually the worse. I have also been having problems with the lip-sync after the break-ups. Sometimes it has stayed that way for close to an hour, sometimes only a few minutes. Re-booting or changing channels doesn't help. It will have a quick break up and an "odd" sound (not sure how to decribe the sound, but it sounds like someone giving the rasberry :p ) and then the voices are back in sync. Don't know what causes this and I do not have OTA available to compare with.

Withay

I to have had some pretty good breaking up with KABC LA this was pretty good till about 2 weeks ago when it came back again. I am no expert but I believe the problem lies with Dish and the 129 SAT and or the LIL mepg4. OTA in comparision works great with no audio sync concerns. Maybe when 4.02 appears it will correct this problem

Leroy