"F" connector compression tools suggestions

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I'd like to start replacing all my twist-on "F" connectors with compression - don't need a professional installers kit, but I don't want junk. I've checked out the offerings on Amazon and Home Depot, does anyone here have any suggestions?

1. I'd rather not be limited to proprietary connectors
2. BNC and/or RCA capability would be a plus, but not totally necessary.
3. I like the case that comes with this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Paladin-...?keyword=Paladin+DataShark+Cable#.UnZ3EBCQOSo

Thanks again to all for the support.

Thats the "crimper" I use now. It works just fine. I bought it because I had some right-angle connectors that were too long for my other one.

Thanks Steven,

The Home Depot reviews on the datashark connectors are less than stellar, do you know which connectors are compatible with this crimper? One commenter mentioned "Ideal".

Thanks Steven,

The Home Depot reviews on the datashark connectors are less than stellar, do you know which connectors are compatible with this crimper? One commenter mentioned "Ideal".

I have a variety...mostly Snap N Seal, but Ive used the ones they sell at HD as well.

Just make sure your fittings and the crimper match. Also try to get fittings that will be around in the future Snap N Seal and PPC have been around for a while. I believe PPC is still Directv's mandatory fittings. Check with local cable installers to see what they use.

That kit @ HD is perfect unless you are a professional installing all day. I buy the connectors from Harbor Freight as they are cheaper and work perfect with the crimper.

Get a cat universal compression tool and a yellow cable prep stripper.

Use PPc brand connectors.

As far as doing BNC and RCA connectors, either get the adaptor a that work with standard F connectors or get mini coax such as the holland electronics brand

First you are not crimping. These are for compression fittings and it is the only way to go.

My compression tool came from Lowes but I have purchased compression fittings from numerous resources. There is a high degree of uniformity in the fittings.

Be sure to get a proper coax stripper to get the correct lenghts for each layer in the coax cable.

I'd like to start replacing all my twist-on "F" connectors with compression - don't need a professional installers kit, but I don't want junk. I've checked out the offerings on Amazon and Home Depot, does anyone here have any suggestions?

1. I'd rather not be limited to proprietary connectors
2. BNC and/or RCA capability would be a plus, but not totally necessary.
3. I like the case that comes with this one: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Paladin-DataShark-Cable-Television-Satellite-Compression-Crimp-Kit-PA70019/100574595?keyword=Paladin+DataShark+Cable#.UnZ3EBCQOSo

Thanks again to all for the support.

I had that one for a long time. Light but durable.