False, Constant Meter Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
b-band converters have nothing to do with your DMA. If you don't have an SWM system you need b-band converters.

yep, lucky that neighbor has 2 BBCs. I knew I was screwed today w/out them with signal strength all 0s. zzz Tomorrow try again.

b-band converters have nothing to do with your DMA. If you don't have an SWM system you need b-band converters.

Somethings changed, not sure when or the details. I'll make some calls tomorrow and find out. I know they're not being used anymore here.

Somethings changed, not sure when or the details. I'll make some calls tomorrow and find out. I know they're not being used anymore here.
This all depends on what recvr/dish set up is required, designated area doesn't matter.

IF your setting up a SWM dish, NO BBC's required (HR23 as well).
Non SWM requires BBC's.

This all depends on what recvr/dish set up is required, designated area doesn't matter.

IF your setting up a SWM dish, NO BBC's required (HR23 as well).
Non SWM requires BBC's.

I understand what you guys are saying. That is how it was, but at some point not sure when, that changed. The op's supplier said the same thing, they're not needed. I'll find out and post back.

I understand what you guys are saying. That is how it was, but at some point not sure when, that changed. The op's supplier said the same thing. I'll find out and post back.
Thats what I'm saying, what changed is the recvr used and the dish changed .... I think, depending how far back your talking, Before the SWM dishes came out you always used BBC's, once the SWM stuff started coming out, the BBC's were no longer required.

Supplier insisted no B Band converters needed on my HR24-100 receiver.

Thats what I'm saying, what changed is the recvr used and the dish changed .... I think, depending how far back your talking, Before the SWM dishes came out you always used BBC's, once the SWM stuff started coming out, the BBC's were no longer required.

I'm talking about the newer receivers working with a 4 wire non swm lnb. The genie will only work with swm lnb setup, the others can go either way.

dtvlnb3.jpg

this non swm lnb with HR24-100 receiver. Will add BBCs to 2 cables tomorrrow for dish point. Then will switch setup(physical+menu) to swm.

I'm talking about the newer receivers working with a 4 wire non swm lnb. The genie will only work with swm lnb setup, the others can go either way.
BBCs are not being used not because of where you live but because DirecTV is no longer installing legacy set ups for new customer any longer. But if you are an existing customer with a legacy set up and you have an HR24, you would need a pair of BBCs regardless where you live in the country.

Did some checking today and am here to say I stand corrected. The newer receivers on a legacy 4 wire lnb do require b-bands. The only exception is on the hr-23 & h-23 boxes, they do not require them. That may be where I got this notion from. Sorry for the confusion. Cheers :)

Did some checking today and am here to say I stand corrected. The newer receivers on a legacy 4 wire lnb do require b-bands. The only exception is on the hr-23 & h-23 boxes, they do not require them. That may be where I got this notion from. Sorry for the confusion. Cheers :)
So, is it up and running now ?

So, is it up and running now ?

Jimbo do you have me mixed up with the op?

I haven't installed any hr-23 or h-23 boxes in a long time. Almost everything is genie with swm anymore.

You can set up the HR24 for single tuner running 1 coax cable to the Legacy LNB and using 1 BBC

Using a SWM LNB leave it set up for Dual Tuner with 1 coax cable,NO BBC required

If you try to tune a satellite dish with the 2 tuners activated in your HR24 with NON-SWM = Legacy LNB the receiver will keep switching inputs (SAT-1 & SAT-2)

Have fun and do not use your analog meter with a SWM LNB,you are liable to blow up the meter or the tuner in your receiver :eek

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts