Family Package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgothard72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Jemison, Alabama, United States
Today I had to down grade my package to the Family Package because of the economy and my job cutting hours severly! UGH! My question is why don't D* at least offer 1 news channel and at least ESPN. This package offers no news or sports! I'm dying here, D*. :(

i'm very sorry to hear that. I have no idea why they don't at least offer 1 news and sports channel but that's the way it is. maybe you should check if another provider can give you what you need for that price range :)

actually this package has HLN which is headline news from CNN

Because they don't really want you to take the Family Pak.. It's just there so they can advertise a low price package.. Family package pretty much just for kids.

Did you try the select package? It might be avilable if you ask, it is a between package... Who knows, maybe if you ask nicely they can knock a few bucks off.

Because they don't really want you to take the Family Pak.. It's just there so they can advertise a low price package.. Family package pretty much just for kids.

Actually, this package is more about offering locals, while bundling in a few religious channels, shopping networks, home improvement channels, and a handful of family-friendly channels (such as Nickelodeon, Disney, and National Geographic). This package seems more geared towards customers who currently get bare basic cable or OTA programming. I would guess that Directv will get a few takers in advance of the DTV transition, and these are customers who currently watch only OTA channels.

The $30/mo. price is actually higher than basic cable (while offering more channels), but the cable companies typically bury the information about their low cost basic service. With the DTV transition confusion, the cable companies seem very eager to upsell new customers to their expanded basic digital cable services, which cost about the same as Directv's Choice packages.

Actually, this package is more about offering locals, while bundling in a few religious channels, shopping networks, home improvement channels, and a handful of family-friendly channels (such as Nickelodeon, Disney, and National Geographic). This package seems more geared towards customers who currently get bare basic cable or OTA programming. I would guess that Directv will get a few takers in advance of the DTV transition, and these are customers who currently watch only OTA channels.

The $30/mo. price is actually higher than basic cable (while offering more channels), but the cable companies typically bury the information about their low cost basic service. With the DTV transition confusion, the cable companies seem very eager to upsell new customers to their expanded basic digital cable services, which cost about the same as Directv's Choice packages.

But none of this disputes my point that they don't really want to sell this package.. They just offer it to have a lower price point if needed. I know people buy it. But DirecTV would much rather you pick up a higher package once the low price gets you in the door. If they added ESPN to this they would be selling a lot more of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)