Fan for EHD

The best solution to cooling an external drive is to mount it in a proper enclosure.

Running with a hot swap adapter may look tres chic, but it isn't at all good for the hard drive in the long term.

Two birds with one stone.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 111
Jim & harshness,please forgive my dumb mistake in my posting as the question was about my 722 duel input Dish receiver and not about my EHD. The temp runs 132 average and 140 high. Its in a 2 ft long , 2 ft wide and 18 inches high shelf. I have it sitting on blocks,so its near 3 inches from bottom 0f enclosure. Even on some of the cooler days,the temp never changes. Isn't this considered a little too warm?
Anyone recommend a good AC quiet motor and let me know which side the HD is on in the receiver.
I know this is a lot of questions,but then I don't know a lot also.

Jim & harshness,please forgive my dumb mistake in my posting as the question was about my 722 duel input Dish receiver and not about my EHD. The temp runs 132 average and 140 high. Its in a 2 ft long , 2 ft wide and 18 inches high shelf. I have it sitting on blocks,so its near 3 inches from bottom 0f enclosure. Even on some of the cooler days,the temp never changes. Isn't this considered a little too warm?
Anyone recommend a good AC quiet motor and let me know which side the HD is on in the receiver.
I know this is a lot of questions,but then I don't know a lot also.

This is what many here use, pulling OUT air from YOUR left of the receiver.
Amazon.com: Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan - Us: Electronics: Reviews, Prices & more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts