Fans of RTN!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe it was started by equity (which is what most of the freebies on g10r (ku))
All in all its definatly one of my favorite channels.

RTN was what made me decided to buy my FTA setup! I also recommend (if you don't have a motor), to add a second LNBF to get Star Network Movies also. RTN is what I watch most evenings :)

RTN was started in July 05 after Equity dropped the affiliations of 3 or 4 stations (mainly Pax stations)

Wow RTN is so much better than PAX or the 'i'. The old shows are the best and there is good music too.

I also like how most those stations will work with the bigger market stations and become an affiliate for those Major League Ball games. I was watching one RTN that had a game one and then switched to another game in progress.

I wish wisconsin had a RTN that would just pickup baseball/basketball games from other stations and widden then tv market range. For example if central wisconsin had an RTN it would be great if they showed milwaukee, minnesota, and chicago games even if they are a little far away. Kind of like that WB from little rock. I am all for sports on FTA and OTA rather than Fox Sports Net type channels.

iafirebuff said:
RTN was what made me decided to buy my FTA setup! I also recommend (if you don't have a motor), to add a second LNBF to get Star Network Movies also. RTN is what I watch most evenings :)

What are Star Network Movies and where are they found?

I also like how most those stations will work with the bigger market stations and become an affiliate for those Major League Ball games. I was watching one RTN that had a game one and then switched to another game in progress.
Arkansas is "claimed" by Houston, Texas, KC & St Louis so some of the channels in the Little Rock & Ft Smith area can show those.
WNGS can show Yanks/Mets because Buffalo is in their "claimed" area.

I wish wisconsin had a RTN that would just pickup baseball/basketball games from other stations and widden then tv market range. For example if central wisconsin had an RTN it would be great if they showed milwaukee, minnesota, and chicago games even if they are a little far away. Kind of like that WB from little rock. I am all for sports on FTA and OTA rather than Fox Sports Net type channels
The kicker is that MLB teams claim an area so they can only show from the claimed areas.

Iceberg said:
The kicker is that MLB teams claim an area so they can only show from the claimed areas.

I guess that is one advantage of not having professional sport teams. Watching all the cities around you. But i admire those stations for going out and showing live games from other places, I wish more independent/WB/UPN stations do this to make more games free!

Where do you find out what land is claimed by what team? (NFL MLB NBA)

iafirebuff said:

Same here! Set up my system on May 23rd, and added the second LNB for Star Network 3 days ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)