Fantasy Football

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
hey guys, I dont know how many of you do fantasy football, but I do play salary cap league football, and I thought it would be cool to compare fantasy teams, and just give out tips each and every week, you can shoot this down, just thought it would be neat

here is my team for week 3

Qb-Peyton manning
Rb-Brian Westbrook
Rb-Lamont Jordan
Wr- M Harrison
Wr- R. Wayne
wr- Ron Smith
Te- E.Conwell
K-MIke NUgent
D-Dallas

I ran out of money (you are only allowed to spend 100 salary cap dollars each week) so I had to go low on kicker, tight end, and Defense, but this is my team, any suggestions would be appreciated, or if you do salary cap too, this would be a great time to compare!

Neither league I do has a "salary cap" but here are my teams:

Yahoo - 12 team league, 14-position roster (start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1K, 1Def)
QB P. Manning
QB M. Brunell
WR M. Harrison
WR H. Ward
WR L. Fitzgerald
RB S. Jackson
RB M. Moore
TE A. Crumpler
RB M. Williams
WR Roy Williams
WR D. Givens
K J. Elam
DEF New York
DEF New England

It not a great team, but has potental. Peyton is just killing me though. I "wasted" my 1st pick on him so far. Quite frankly, fantasy wise he sucks so far this season. I want to give him a chance to redeem himself, but I also can't keep starting him just to see him maybe throw 1TD during the game. Heck...Eli's doing better per game the Peyton is...

Stats.com - 12 team league, 24-position roster (start 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 1Flex, 1K, 1Coach, 1Overall Def, 1Pass Defense, 1Rush Defense)
QB Donovan McNabb
QB Drew Brees
RB Edgerrin James
RB Michael Bennett
RB Derrick Blaylock
RB Brandon Jacobs
REC Marcus Robinson
REC Brandon Stokley
REC Steve Smith
REC Darrell Jackson
REC Chris Baker
REC David Givens
REC Frisman Jackson
K Nate Kaeding
K Matt Stover
C Mike Tice
C Mike Sherman
OD TampaBay Overall Def
OD New England Overall Def
OD Seattle Overall Def
RD New England Rushing Def
RD Houston Rushing Def
PD Buffalo Passing Def
PD Arizona Passing Def

they say you should not have both the qb and wr (you have two wr) from the same team to prevent what has happened to you (colts) the first three weeks.

rangersjay99 said:
Peyton Manning has killed me 2 weeks in a row. Maybe start Bledsoe next week?
Right now pretty much anybody is a possibilty over Manning. Hell in my one league Orton isn't too far behind him even with 5 interceptions in one game.

I may be seriously considering benching him. I just don't know what to think of him. One or two weeks I have no problem figuring it was an off week. But 3 weeks in a row, especially with a lack luster week against the 30th rank defense...it really makes you think. Right now I might even be inclined to at least consider trades. I'm a little short in the RB category in that league and Peyton still has considerable long term value

rangersjay99 said:
Hard to get on him, they have been winning, but as a Fantasy QB, maybe it is time. You know he will have a breakout game soon though...
Some guy named Murphy says it will be the week after you trade him.

thats what I am scared of, I know once he gets on track I will ride to the top, but right now I am down. Dont want to get too far behind also!

You need to make the decision now either way... Trade him while he still has value. I was waiting all year for Beltran to come around and he never did.

Different situations I know, but you never know what can happen.

Either way, make your decision soon and don't look back. Some leagues are almost at the 25% point, so you can't wait for too long

Just like the stock market: buy low, sell high! I've got 4 teams this season and I'm 2-1 in two leagues and 1-2 in the others. Go fig.

I bet you can get Jamal Lewis at a bargain basement price right now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts