faulty equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ljo418

Original poster
May 16, 2007
Hi everyone, new user and I have a ??

I've been a loyal customer to directv for several yrs now and just upgraded to a new HD DVR-HR20-100S. They came out & installed it & my phone line quit working. Phone co. checked it & determined the new receiver has a bad modem. Now DTV will only send me a refurbished older model and won't help me out at all. I payed full price for a new receiver and don't feel as if I should accept anything less. I would be perfectly happy for them to come out and replace the modem. Spent several hours on the phone yesterday trying to resolve this issue and got nowhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is there any reason why I need my modem to work cant i have them uplink fromsatilite to my DVR???

Is there any reason why I need my modem to work cant i have them uplink fromsatilite to my DVR???

As Hemi said I would try harder, continue to escalate to a higher contact. Also, if you bought a brand new unit, go through the warranty process. That will likely only get YOUR unit repaired with a refurb modem, so basically you would have the same thing they are currently offering. Also, if you do not buy PPV or events via the remote, you don't even need the modem, as that should only be needed to upload any receiver billing to DirecTV when/if you do buy PPV and such.

Hi everyone, new user and I have a ??

I've been a loyal customer to directv for several yrs now and just upgraded to a new HD DVR-HR20-100S. They came out & installed it & my phone line quit working. Phone co. checked it & determined the new receiver has a bad modem. Now DTV will only send me a refurbished older model and won't help me out at all. I payed full price for a new receiver and don't feel as if I should accept anything less. I would be perfectly happy for them to come out and replace the modem. Spent several hours on the phone yesterday trying to resolve this issue and got nowhere. Anyone have any suggestions?
Did you pay more than $300 for the HR20? If you didn't then you don't own it, you just paid the lease upgrade fee and Directv owns it. If Directv owns it which I suspect they do, don't worry about it as long as you are leasing it they will replace it for $14.95 shipping after the warranty expires.:) :) :)

Thank you so much for responding, I did finally speak to someone that helped & realized I don't need the modem to work since I usually don't buy ppv thru the remote. Thnx again........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)