"Faulty Switch Box" on DP Plus Setup?

jtyler462

Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
I'm fairly new to satellite TV but I've recently had a problem and I'm trying to figure it all out. The system was put in by DishTV contractors, so I'm still learning about the setup. Here's where I'm at:

I've got a DP Plus setup with a quad LNBF with 2 lines to a 322 (for 2 TVs upstairs) and 2 lines to a 522 (for 2 TVs downstairs). Recently, the TVs off of the 322 began losing their signal...sort of. It seems that only one or the other TV gets a signal. It appears random....when one TV gets a signal, the other keeps searching for a signal, and vice versa. When I do a "Check Switch," it says I have a "faulty switch box." But I've checked all the wiring in the house and I can't find any switch boxes.

My basic question is this: Is the "switch box" part of the LNBF? If so, does that mean I need a new LNBF?

Let me know if more info is needed. It's past the 90-day warranty. So I'm trying to avoid the $99 technician visit if it's a simple fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First you don't have a Dish Pro Plus you only have Dish Pro. You have a Dish Pro Quad to be specific and the switch is built into the Quad. Your best solution is call DISH Notwerk and have them come out and service your system. You can purchase the Digital Home Protection Plan(DHPP) for $5.99/Mo. under this your service call drops to $29.99 and you can cancel DHPP after the service call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts