Favorite FTA Programs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishMIKE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Hillsdale,MI
What are some of everyone's favorite consistent programs you watch on FTA and on what channels do you receive them? Thanks, Mike

Chuck Harder Show / The Peoples Network / AMC 4

The Simpson's / Kuil TV Fox 64 / AMC 4

Live Soccer / Gol TV / E* 8

Mainly Live news and sports feeds!

the WB & UPN on G10..also good for the baseball games
Simpsons on KUIL on AMC4
Sports feeds...was watching 5 different NFL pre-season games between anlog & digital

When it starts back up
North Dakota hockey on G3....even though I am a Univ of Mn Duluth Bulldogs fan :)

for a good laugh....University Network on T6...that dude is weird!! :D

I'm impressed with "The Tube" on G10R, quite a value for being free and all.

It shows all music videos, mostly the good ole' 80's ones we all miss :) but many good modern videos and even some pretty old ones (70's). Occasionally they'll break into a 15 or 30 second blurb of someone in some record store somewhere talking about "the industry" but then they go right back to music back-to-back. PQ is excellent, as is the audio.

My assumption is that it's what some music stores may show on their display TVs while people browse.

I like the Tube too

I really like the "Lick TV" moniker....pro wrestling for 3 hours 5 nights a week :):D
WBIF
KWBS
WNYI
KWWF
WBMM

Iceman,

You are talking about Dr. Gene Scott. I have had my C Band antenna 20 years last November and I swear that every time I come across the University Channel, that guy is on. I mean him, nobody else, him! I'm talking 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 20 years.

Have you been watching North Dakota hockey very long on G3? I love college hockey and I am wondering if they will be on G3 again this year. Last season was my first with MPEG. I am a Notre Dame fan, but when it comes to hockey, I will watch anybody.

~J~

Jim Adams said:
Iceman,

You are talking about Dr. Gene Scott. I have had my C Band antenna 20 years last November and I swear that every time I come across the University Channel, that guy is on. I mean him, nobody else, him! I'm talking 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 20 years.

yep...same dude. On Lyngsat, when you click on the hyperlink for UNiversity Network, it goes to drgenescott.com
Have you been watching North Dakota hockey very long on G3? I love college hockey and I am wondering if they will be on G3 again this year. Last season was my first with MPEG. I am a Notre Dame fan, but when it comes to hockey, I will watch anybody.

~J~
Last year was the first year I had MPEG. All their home games are on G3 (this year too). I'm a University of MN Duluth fan myself, but I will watch any colege hockey. Some weekends there are3 or 4 games on.

hmm...you like ND...interesting.....Opening weekend (Oct 7 & 8)
UMD vs. Notre Dame :)

Cascade said:
I concur, this is how MTV used to be until it stopped being like it used to be and became what it is now.

Before they had a political agenda too!

We homeschool so we like most of the educational channels.
I can tell you my children give bad reviews about Step Star but I think they provide good programing for free.

STEP Star Network Channel 501 Galaxy 10R
STEP Star Network Channel 502 Galaxy 10R
ResearchChannel Galaxy 10R
UWTV - University of Washington TV Galaxy 10R

WBIF-TV PAX Galaxy 10R
KYPX-TV PAX Galaxy 10R
KWBS-TV PAX Galaxy 10R
WBMM-TV PAX Galaxy 10R
WPXS-TV PAX Galaxy 10R
KTVC-TV UPN Galaxy 10R
KQUP-TV UPN Galaxy 10R
WBVT-LP UPN Galaxy 10R
KFDF-TV UPN Galaxy 10R
WMQF-TV FOX Galaxy 10R
KPBI-TV FOX Galaxy 10R
KWBM-TV WB Galaxy 10R
KWBF-TV WB Galaxy 10R
KKTU-TV ABC Galaxy 10R
The Pentagon Channel AMC 1
People's Network w/ Old time radio AMC 4
Lawyers TV AMC 4
Bloomburg Market News Intelsat Americas 6
ABC NEWS NOW Intelsat Americas 6
Fox News Channel Intelsat Americas 6
Primedia Channel Galaxy 11
The Patient Channel AMC 3
Montana PBS AMC 3
PBS Kids AMC 3
PBS You AMC 3
PBS X East AMC 3
PBS X West AMC 3
UTAH STATE U - Channel 110 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 120 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 130 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 140 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 150 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 160 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 170 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 180 AMC 5
UTAH STATE U - Channel 190 AMC 5
KULC-TV Utah learning Channel AMC 5

Empire Sports Network AMC 5
NYN - New York Network AMC 5 Mark Kistlers Imagination Station is great for my 8 year old artist.
OTB - Off Track Betting Horse Racingx3 AMC 5
Ohio News Network SBS 6

Jim Adams said:
hmm...you like ND...interesting.....Opening weekend (Oct 7 & 8)
UMD vs. Notre Dame

Thanks for the info, I kinda like Lake Superior State also......GO IRISH!

~J~

I love UMD (Univ of MN Duluth)...season ticket holder :)

North Dakota is my 2nd favorite

Iceberg said:
If that's on TV in the ND area, I might have to get you to record the games :)

UMD isn't showing those

Man, you need to get C band. last year I came across something called TCSN, The College Sports Network. It had college hockey game of the week on every Friday with various teams. The night I found it Notre Dame was playing #1 Boston College. ND held on and beat them 2-1. I was hooked. If I keep watching North Dakota I will probably become a fan. I rooted for them last year when they were playing teams I didn't know anything about. Last year I also found backhauls for the University of Alaska. Watched 3 games against ND, they are in the same conference. Also Fox Sports North and North2 does a lot of Wisconsin and Minnesota Gopher games. I am pretty sure that the Gophers play UMD. Can't beat the big boy in the backyard!

~J~

Must have been Alaska Fairbanks, because Alaska Anchorage is in the WCHA (along with UMD, UND etc)

I would love to get C-band...however...live in a townhouse so the FCC rule protection doesn't apply to C-Band :)

Bummer, bummer. Yea, I think it was Fairbanks. I will have to pull up the web sites and get reacquainted with them. Throws me off because teams are not in the same conferences as in football and basketball.

~J~

Iceman,

I was smart enough to write down the stats for the ND Fighting Sioux Sports Network. I picked them up at on G3, freq 12040, sr 4882. What do you think the odds are that they will be in the same place this year? You know, I never thought about checking it during the summer for baseball, softball or track. I figured it was done after basketball and hockey was over.

~J~

I have been watching "The Tube" on G10 what a great FTA channel, the way music TV used to be, this would be a great channel if you had a store for background music/video, long may it last.
Anyone from the UK remember "The Tube" Music TV show? I really liked that show and watched it every week!

Jim Adams said:
Iceman,

I was smart enough to write down the stats for the ND Fighting Sioux Sports Network. I picked them up at on G3, freq 12040, sr 4882. What do you think the odds are that they will be in the same place this year? You know, I never thought about checking it during the summer for baseball, softball or track. I figured it was done after basketball and hockey was over.

~J~

yep. Its only for hockey and a couple football games. LAst year it was 12041 H 4880

This year its suppose to be at 12.000 V 9.000, but I don;t know. I might have to wait until 10/2 to see (thats their 1st game)

http://theralph.com/new2/Watch_The_Sioux_Section/Satellite.htm

Iceman,

Notre Dame is in the CCHA, Minnesota Duluth is in the WCHA. I didn't think that sounded right, but I wanted to make sure before I called you on it. They do open with each other. GO IRISH.

~J~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)