Favorite iPad APP

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Since we have a favorite iPhone APP thread, why not start an iPad APP thread? Even though some of the APPs may be the same, there are a lot that are specific to each device and many that are favorable on one device over the other.

Reactions: medvyed
MLB At Bat 11
Vulkano
Netflix (the few times I have someone with an account log in)
Sudoku (iPad version)
SiriusXM (latest iPad version is awesome)
Pandora
iBooks
SatelliteGuys
TeacherPal
Geometry Tutor
FormulasHD
GraphicCalc HD
CalculatorBox
Angry Birds HD

Last edited:
Reactions: serjkkk
Just edited my second post since it was no longer applicable

I have to say it will soon be MLB At Bat

Right now it is Vulkano (similar to Sling)

As far as most useful, not favorite, are the math and classroom APPs that I use for teaching

I don't have an iPad, but love MLB At Bat on my Android phone. Does the iPad version have any additional features?

I don't have an iPad, but love MLB At Bat on my Android phone. Does the iPad version have any additional features?
Pretty much the same except that it is made for the larger screen and higher rez of the iPad. HD games shown on the larger iPad screen. The UI is slightly different than that of the phone version, but most of the features are the same

I really like the Directv iPad application. It really takes controlling your dvr to the next level.

That is a pretty good APP, I just do not have real use of it yet. Once they add live TV or streaming (which I think they will soon), then the APP will probably be one of my favorites

I have the mouse arrow icon permanently displayed in the lower left corner on my iPad. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? I have already done a hard shutdown.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• iPad.jpg
    iPad.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Here is something that some folks may want to try. EmergencyRadioFree During my 32 year career in law enforcement I never wanted a police scanner at home. 8-10-12 hours a day listening and talking on a radio was enough, but since I retired I may want to listen in, sometimes. There are a number of different scanner apps for the iPad, more for the phones. All of them are limited to what is streamed on line. In my area only the fire departments are available. I suspect that this limitation is the same with all of the different apps, for my area at least. If you are interested in this sort of thing and do not want to pay a lot of money for an actual scanner, as I don't, give this a try. I would not pay for an app as I suspect they all are pretty much the same. Some may have more bells and whistles but........
You can find the free app through the app store on the pad. It is an app for a phone but works fine on the pad. You can listen in while using other apps on the pad.​

Last edited:
Frank Jr. said:
DK, Wundermap is a free app. Give it a spin. It is the best free weather app for radar I have found.

Just installed it. You are correct about the radar. The close up to see how close rain is up to the next block is great.

Is there a way to adjust the speed of the loop? It moves way to fast

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)