Favorite/least Favorite Broadcaster

Favorite: As a Sabres fan, Rick Jeanneret

Least favorite: John Gurtler. Yes, he was the Sabres TV guy for a few years, but he was AWFUL!

All Time Favorite- Ernie Harwell (Detroit Tigers radio)

Least Favorite- Darrell Waltrip (I mute the start of races to block his, "Boogity, boogity, boogity! Let's go racing boys!)

Greg stole mine - Fav is Earnie Harwell

All time worst - Hawk H? (White sox tv play by play) Cant stand to watch his broadcasts on extra innings -thank God for Dual Feeds!

The words "he gone" make me cringe, learn English if you plan to work in broadcasting :(

Lease favorite: any of the lower tiered scrubs announcing the CBS football games that the Browns were stuck with in the recent past, especially Ian Eagle and Solomon Wilcots. It's amazing how much knowledge they lacked of either team they covered. Their broadcasts were always littered with mistakes and so very boring.

Most favorite: Tom Hamilton- Cleveland Indians radio broadcaster on WTAM 1100AM. He is well known to Indians fans for his enthusiastic home run calls, A swing and a drive! or Swung on and belted, to deep left field, a-WAYYYY back and gone! Also part of Hamilton's signature is his emphatic Ball Game!, which follows the final out in an Indians win.

I also always enjoyed CBS' golf coverage. Especially their TV personalities including [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]David Feherty, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Gary McCord, Jim Nantz and Nick Faldo.[/FONT]

Most favorite: Tom Hamilton- Cleveland Indians radio broadcaster on WTAM 1100AM. He is well known to Indians fans for his enthusiastic home run calls, A swing and a drive! or Swung on and belted, to deep left field, a-WAYYYY back and gone! Also part of Hamilton's signature is his emphatic Ball Game!, which follows the final out in an Indians win.

Best way to end a night.

Best way to start a night - "And we're underway from the corner of Carnegie and Ontario."

:up

All time worst - Hawk H? (White sox tv play by
play)

Hawk would be 2nd on my least favorite list. Back in the late 80s he did a season with Yankees, what a gagger. I wanna puke evrytime I hear "put it on the board."

Back in the late 70s, early 80s I used to listen to WWWE, Cleveland with Herb Score doing the play by play. I rather enjoyed him.

From the college football point of view:

Favorite: Kieth Jackson (he was pretty much the voice of every big game for decades)

Worst: Well, he's gotten better over the last year, but when Joe Schad first started on ESPN, he was unlistenable.

Tim McCarver is the worst.

I agree to some extent. On FOX he is terrible as a "color man," when he did play by play with the Yankees and Mets he was pretty good.

I hate "color men." I like the way the Dodgers used to do it on KTLA, Scully the first 3 innings, Drysdale the middle 3 and Scully for the last three. All they did was play by play.

The worst deal I ever seen with "color men" was the last time George fired Billy Martin but he was going to make him do something to earn his money so he stuck him in the booth with Tom Seaver and Phil Rizzuto. It was ok with Seaver, but the Scooter and Billy spent the whole game trying out manage each other, it was horrible.

Worst - Gus Johnson and Screamin' A Smith. Please just calm down and shut up.

Best - Garry Cohen of SNY (formerly of WFAN)

Quite enjoy the ESPN trio of Bilas raferty and McDonough for college bball.