Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Hmmm.

Well, I like Adam-12 cause the two cops are HOT... ;)
I like Dragnet because, hmmm, I guess it's sorta interesting sometimes.

I like (and now miss) the corny movies and the oldies on White Springs.

I like "The Universe" on the History Channel because it's just neato stuff and lots of pretty space pictures and stuff like that.

I like Leave it to Beaver, sort of reminds me of my kids growing up and I just love June's wardrobe. Wish I could find dresses like those that didn't cost a small fortune.

I like The Patty Duke Show but I can't get it now because that stupid Equity company pulled the plug on all those channels. :mad:
I have to put up a tv antenna to try and get it from Lake Charles now which is like 75 miles away I think. :(

I love the PBS channels on the AMC-21 satellite, especially the PBS Create channel, I find lots of neat crafts ideas on there. :)
And they have lots of great shows about nature and wildlife too.

I miss the "this tv" channel that I used to get on 123w satellite before Equity killed that off. They have some pretty good stuff.
AMGTV had some funky old oldies sometimes too but they also had a bit too much guy stuff for my preference.

I remember just before 123 went bye bye they replaced this tv with some STUPID channel called "tuff tv" which was nothing but testosterone crud. Utterly useless channel. Don't the men already have like 99% of all the channels and content to themselves already? :mad:

Oh gosh, I'm sure there's other stuff I like too but I can't think too well right now, lots of stuff on my mind. I'm a granny again today, my daughter just had her second little boy. :angel:

Oh, and I can't stand movies or shows with violence like westerns or your typical guy movies/shows. And I HATE war movies of all kinds. I am very anti-war. :rant:
I especially hate the Bambi killer shows. There's lots of that on tv and what really ticks me off is they peddle some of these shows off as educational saturday morning shows for KIDS. Men stalking innocent little animals in the woods with guns, shooting them from afar, like the cowards that they are and just for the PLEASURE OF KILLING. Yes, they enjoy KILLING. And they teach little boys to kill, for the "sport" of it. Evil, evil people.

I think I will start a petition to have those sort of shows banned from being aired as "educational" children's shows. They run them on many channels on Saturday mornings with the "e/i" logo displayed. How utterly rotten and evil. :mad:

Grrrrr.... Anyway..............

If I can think of more great shows I'll put them on later.

fline1.gif

Hmmm.

Oh, and I can't stand movies or shows with violence like westerns or your typical guy movies/shows. And I HATE war movies of all kinds. I am very anti-war. :rant:
I especially hate the Bambi killer shows. There's lots of that on tv and what really ticks me off is they peddle some of these shows off as educational saturday morning shows for KIDS. Men stalking innocent little animals in the woods with guns, shooting them from afar, like the cowards that they are and just for the PLEASURE OF KILLING. Yes, they enjoy KILLING. And they teach little boys to kill, for the "sport" of it. Evil, evil people.

I think I will start a petition to have those sort of shows banned from being aired as "educational" children's shows. They run them on many channels on Saturday mornings with the "e/i" logo displayed. How utterly rotten and evil. :mad:

Grrrrr.... Anyway..............

If I can think of more great shows I'll put them on later.

fline1.gif

Dee_Ann,

Wow!

I must disagree with you on a few points. And when I explain it, maybe you will understand my testosterone point of view on some of them :)

When it comes to the old westerns or war movies that you dislike because of the violence content, maybe you are watching different movies than I am. Or possibly you are not detecting the "message" in the movie that I am.

Allow me to list a few movies that are my favorites first and then I will explain my notion in more detail.

True Grit

High Noon

The Bridge on the River Kwaii

Tora Tora Tora

Blazing Saddles

Eldorado

The Sea Chase

Force 10 from Navarone

The Guns of Navarone

Von Ryan's Express

Schindler's List

The Great Escape

The Son's of Katie Elder

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Meet John Doe

U-571

The Hunt for Red October

The Wizard of Oz

It's a Wonderful Life

etc.

These are just a few of my top 100 list of movies. You may not identify with them all as what you may be concentrating upon is the outward appearance of violence content. In my opinion, there is much more to these movies than that outward appearance than you are giving them credit for.

There is a story, a morale and a guide for life and Freedom in each one. Sure, there is violence and guns and bad things in these movies, all of them.......

How could anyone pour water on a poor helpless, pitiful wicked witch and watch her melt! "Oh My Beautiful Wicked World! Look what you've done... Oooohhhh! I'm melting!" :eek:

:D

Seriously, when it comes to war and westerns, we wouldn't have the Freedom that we experience in this country if (some form of violence and negative things) never happened. The characters that us guys look up to in these movies and shows are not villains, they are heroes. They have honor and pride and there was someone that had to do the nasty things that you refer to from the movies, but in real life in order to secure our lifestyle today... FREEDOM!

I would like to suggest that you try to find the movie, the SEA CHASE and give that an evening to watch. It is with John Wayne, Lana Turner, and a whole lot of other stars that you will remember when you watch it. It is a fictional movie, but there is more of a message within it than war and blow-em up stuff.

Dee_Ann, now when it comes to hunting, you really need to put your thinking cap on and leave behind your innocent naivety about God's critters. Deer and rabbits and waterfowl and fish, etc.

A person who hunts and fishes is truly doing a service to the land and to the wildlife as a whole. Since we (mankind) have already intruded upon natures turf and we need to live here, too. We need to excersize our God given dominion over the wildlife and protect it for the future. Seeing how we have already intruded, there isn't much room to back up and leave it behind or ignore it.

If we ignore nature (do not hunt or cull the herd) the wildlife population will fall out of balance. Since we have to live here, too, we have to be smart and wise and excersize population control of the wildlife. The natural order of things was disturbed thousands of years ago. In order to protect wildlife and nature, we must adopt controls to keep nature in balance with our "co-existance" with them.

If we did not have hunting seasons, the whitetail deer population would explode, since they have no natural predators left in most areas (only in the very wildest and most remote regions can this be allowed).

If the population of any one species goes unchecked, they will either die a horrible, prolonged death due to starvation or disease.

You see, we have already upset the balance of nature simply by being alive. Now that we have knowledge and dominion over the animals of the earth, we must implement that knowledge to caretake for these animals and plants.

This means that we have become stewards of the land. Maintaining and controlling the population of the world's wildlife is our responsibility. We simply cannot leave them unchecked and unattended. They would die and disappear without our intervention in this regard.

In other words, we as humans cannot live here on earth and invade territories of animals and expect them to survive naturally without our intervention in some way to preserve them and their habitats. Hunters and fishermen do this. We put more money into preserving wildlife than any goofball group like greenpeace does. I guarantee it! It is a multi-billion dollar industry and a huge amount of that money goes to protecting wildlife and providing habitats.

If it were not for hunters and fishermen and the ilk, we would not have the national park service and all the national parks that we do in the USA - or around the world for that matter. We were just the first to do it here in the US.

I understand your thoughtfulness and your caring, but I wanted to ensure that you researched all the facts on these subjects before developing a mindset that left you with a closed mind to the whole scope.

I am a staunch advocate of nature and wildlife preservation, but there is a great deal more to be concerned with here.

RADAR

Dee_Ann,

Excuse me for being so chatty. I certainly respect your opinions, but I indeed have many of my own. I wanted to address the subjects above before I go into the general topic of great shows on FTA satellite, hoping to open a dialog here.

When it comes to the best FTA shows (or any shows or movies for that matter), I have a rule that I have adopted to judge what is good to watch and what is not.

First of all, I do not go to the movie theatres at all. The last movie I went to at a cinema was the very first release of "Star Trek, The Motion Picture". So you can see it has been a long time.

Now, I only watch what I have time for anyway, in the dead of winter and when I am not chatting with folks like you all.

So, here is my rule. If it is brand new, it is not worth watching at all. If it has been out on DVD and is more than three years old, and it has come recommended by a good friend, then it might be OK. But, if it is at least 10 years old and is still receiving airplay, then it must be good!

LOL!

Quincy M. E. and the Rockford Files, Hogans Heroes, Gilligans Island, I Dream of Jeanie, Bewitched, Rawhide, Bonanza, Big Valley, Gunsmoke, Little House on the Prairie, Kolshack the Night Stalker, TAXI, WKRP in Cincinnatti, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, All in the Family, Iron Sides, Hawaii 5-0, McGeyver, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Dukes of Hazard, The Beverly Hillbillies, It takes a Thief, Hart to Hart, McMillan and Wife, Columbo (especially Columbo!) and The Rifleman and Daniel Boone, F-Troop, Monty Python, The Goodies, Benny Hill, Star Trek, The Lost World, The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave it to Beaver, Patty Duke, The Wild Wild West, The Brady Bunch, Father Knows Best, The Monkees, MASH, and a host of others are what I recall the best!

There is one other that is only known (normally) to local Omahan's and the surrounding communities... Creature Feature with Dr. San Guinary! HA HA! I loved that show! Trying to convince my parents to allow me to stay up late enough to watch it all was the epitomy of being a kid. I recall sneaking down to sit on the stairs after they had sent me to bed, just so that I could listen to the audio!

There is so much more out there than what I just listed that could fill satellite after satellite with great TV and RADIO that I know people would watch and listen to these shows today!

It just all boils down to the money thing once again. Remember?..... Follow the money!

RADAR

Dee_Ann,

Wow!

I must disagree with you on a few points. And when I explain it, maybe you will understand my testosterone point of view on some of them :)

When it comes to the old westerns or war movies that you dislike because of the violence content, maybe you are watching different movies than I am. Or possibly you are not detecting the "message" in the movie that I am.

Allow me to list a few movies that are my favorites first and then I will explain my notion in more detail.

True Grit

High Noon

The Bridge on the River Kwaii

Tora Tora Tora

Blazing Saddles

Eldorado

The Sea Chase

Force 10 from Navarone

The Guns of Navarone

Von Ryan's Express

Schindler's List

The Great Escape

The Son's of Katie Elder

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Meet John Doe

U-571

The Hunt for Red October

The Wizard of Oz

It's a Wonderful Life

etc.

These are just a few of my top 100 list of movies. You may not identify with them all as what you may be concentrating upon is the outward appearance of violence content. In my opinion, there is much more to these movies than that outward appearance than you are giving them credit for.

There is a story, a morale and a guide for life and Freedom in each one. Sure, there is violence and guns and bad things in these movies, all of them.......

How could anyone pour water on a poor helpless, pitiful wicked witch and watch her melt! "Oh My Beautiful Wicked World! Look what you've done... Oooohhhh! I'm melting!" :eek:

:D

Seriously, when it comes to war and westerns, we wouldn't have the Freedom that we experience in this country if (some form of violence and negative things) never happened. The characters that us guys look up to in these movies and shows are not villains, they are heroes. They have honor and pride and there was someone that had to do the nasty things that you refer to from the movies, but in real life in order to secure our lifestyle today... FREEDOM!

I would like to suggest that you try to find the movie, the SEA CHASE and give that an evening to watch. It is with John Wayne, Lana Turner, and a whole lot of other stars that you will remember when you watch it. It is a fictional movie, but there is more of a message within it than war and blow-em up stuff.

Dee_Ann, now when it comes to hunting, you really need to put your thinking cap on and leave behind your innocent naivety about God's critters. Deer and rabbits and waterfowl and fish, etc.

A person who hunts and fishes is truly doing a service to the land and to the wildlife as a whole. Since we (mankind) have already intruded upon natures turf and we need to live here, too. We need to excersize our God given dominion over the wildlife and protect it for the future. Seeing how we have already intruded, there isn't much room to back up and leave it behind or ignore it.

If we ignore nature (do not hunt or cull the herd) the wildlife population will fall out of balance. Since we have to live here, too, we have to be smart and wise and excersize population control of the wildlife. The natural order of things was disturbed thousands of years ago. In order to protect wildlife and nature, we must adopt controls to keep nature in balance with our "co-existance" with them.

If we did not have hunting seasons, the whitetail deer population would explode, since they have no natural predators left in most areas (only in the very wildest and most remote regions can this be allowed).

If the population of any one species goes unchecked, they will either die a horrible, prolonged death due to starvation or disease.

You see, we have already upset the balance of nature simply by being alive. Now that we have knowledge and dominion over the animals of the earth, we must implement that knowledge to caretake for these animals and plants.

This means that we have become stewards of the land. Maintaining and controlling the population of the world's wildlife is our responsibility. We simply cannot leave them unchecked and unattended. They would die and disappear without our intervention in this regard.

In other words, we as humans cannot live here on earth and invade territories of animals and expect them to survive naturally without our intervention in some way to preserve them and their habitats. Hunters and fishermen do this. We put more money into preserving wildlife than any goofball group like greenpeace does. I guarantee it! It is a multi-billion dollar industry and a huge amount of that money goes to protecting wildlife and providing habitats.

If it were not for hunters and fishermen and the ilk, we would not have the national park service and all the national parks that we do in the USA - or around the world for that matter. We were just the first to do it here in the US.

I understand your thoughtfulness and your caring, but I wanted to ensure that you researched all the facts on these subjects before developing a mindset that left you with a closed mind to the whole scope.

I am a staunch advocate of nature and wildlife preservation, but there is a great deal more to be concerned with here.

RADAR

Well.. As to the war stuff. I will never like those sort of movies and I do not watch them. I will not watch them. I am anti-war. I am pro-peace.
Rather than let hot heads prevail, I believe that people should do everything humanly possible to avoid conflict. One of the most biggest problems is one particular country that has taken the burden upon themselves to play "World Police Force" AKA Big Brother and strongarms other countries and peoples around to get their way. "Bow before us and worship us and obey us or we will blacken your skies with bombers and rain death and destruction upon your people, we will extinguish your way of life."

A few of the war mongers are out of office now, thankfully. Perhaps now their replacements can find a way to get along with other people rather than crush them out of existence. War is bad. Nothing good comes of it, ever. Doesn't matter who starts it, it is wrong.

EVERYONE needs to chill out and learn to get along with other people and stop trying to press their beliefs upon others. People need to stop trying to force their various religions upon other people. People need to stop being so greedy and hateful. Life is so much better for everyone when people can get along with one another and let each person and culture thrive in the way they feel most comfortable. So what if someone worships UFO's? Let em. What harm is there in that? Just don't try to force it on others.

Live and let live. Give peace a chance. Am I a dreamer? Probably. But I believe there is always a better way than pushing buttons and pulling triggers.

As to hunting.

I accept that hunting is somewhat beneficial. But I believe than hunting and fishing for FUN is despicable beyond description.

I believe there should be a federal and probably a world wide ban on "sport" hunting. Hunters and fishers should have to PROVE their NEED to hunt or fish for FOOD purposes. If they do not have a life and death situation in which they have no other options, then issue them a license/permit to hunt and fish only for the sole purpose of survival.

But going out and taking the life of an animal for the sheer pleasure of it? That's sick. Killing animals for fun is sick and disgusting. Anyone that enjoys killing animals has serious issues.

That's my opinions. Yes, I'm very opinionated. Please don't be offended by my views. And like they say about opinions....................

:) Peace... :)

I prefer comedies and action flicks (yes, even war movies) and quality scifi (Star Trek, Stargate - of course, they have violence). I think that most people would prefer that we have a non-violent society but human nature is to use violence and no anti-violence organization is going to change that. Oh, one other thing, do you eat meat?

OK. I shut up now before this becomes a flame war. :eek:

Dee_Ann,

Excuse me for being so chatty. I certainly respect your opinions, but I indeed have many of my own. I wanted to address the subjects above before I go into the general topic of great shows on FTA satellite, hoping to open a dialog here.

When it comes to the best FTA shows (or any shows or movies for that matter), I have a rule that I have adopted to judge what is good to watch and what is not.

First of all, I do not go to the movie theatres at all. The last movie I went to at a cinema was the very first release of "Star Trek, The Motion Picture". So you can see it has been a long time.

Now, I only watch what I have time for anyway, in the dead of winter and when I am not chatting with folks like you all.

So, here is my rule. If it is brand new, it is not worth watching at all. If it has been out on DVD and is more than three years old, and it has come recommended by a good friend, then it might be OK. But, if it is at least 10 years old and is still receiving airplay, then it must be good!

LOL!

Quincy M. E. and the Rockford Files, Hogans Heroes, Gilligans Island, I Dream of Jeanie, Bewitched, Rawhide, Bonanza, Big Valley, Gunsmoke, Little House on the Prairie, Kolshack the Night Stalker, TAXI, WKRP in Cincinnatti, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, All in the Family, Iron Sides, Hawaii 5-0, McGeyver, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Dukes of Hazard, The Beverly Hillbillies, It takes a Thief, Hart to Hart, McMillan and Wife, Columbo (especially Columbo!) and The Rifleman and Daniel Boone, F-Troop, Monty Python, The Goodies, Benny Hill, Star Trek, The Lost World, The Outer Limits, The Twilight Zone, The Andy Griffith Show, Leave it to Beaver, Patty Duke, The Wild Wild West, The Brady Bunch, Father Knows Best, The Monkees, MASH, and a host of others are what I recall the best!

There is one other that is only known (normally) to local Omahan's and the surrounding communities... Creature Feature with Dr. San Guinary! HA HA! I loved that show! Trying to convince my parents to allow me to stay up late enough to watch it all was the epitomy of being a kid. I recall sneaking down to sit on the stairs after they had sent me to bed, just so that I could listen to the audio!

There is so much more out there than what I just listed that could fill satellite after satellite with great TV and RADIO that I know people would watch and listen to these shows today!

It just all boils down to the money thing once again. Remember?..... Follow the money!

RADAR

OMG!! I remember so many of those shows!
I love the Beverly Hillbillies, Elly May with her critters and Granny, Granny is my favorite. She's so full of FAKE vinegar and so screechy but her character was really a sweet and loving person hiding behind the facade of bitterness. :D

Bewitched! I always wished I could be like her. And she was so pretty. How awful that she died so young from such a horrible disease. Addams Family, OMG.. I love that. And the Munsters. I dream of Jeannie! Oh I wanted to be her too! Kolshack used to scare the :censored: out of me. I used to run home from school to watch Dark Shadows and it would scare the :censored: out of me too!

My mom loved McMillan & Wife, Colombo, Quincy, Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda, etc...
Oh, and Maude.

The Outer Limits & The Twilight Zone are two of my very favorites.

The Andy Griffith Show, Leave it to Beaver, Patty Duke were all awesome.

The Wild Wild West was my dad's favorite show ever, he liked all the gadgets.
He also liked Time Tunnel and Land of the Giants. He even liked Batman but my mom didn't want that on our tv because of the (faux) violence in it.

The Brady Bunch, Father Knows Best, The Monkees, The Partridge Family, The Banana Splits, Mr. Ed, on and on and on.. Those were all great too.

Yes, there used to be some good stuff on TV. I remember when there was no cursing at all, no sex, no violence.

The world sure has gone to pot in the last 30 years.. :(

I remember years ago when TV land used to carry oldies. Now they barely have anything worth watching anymore. Once upon a time some years ago I picked up a station from Houston called "The Tube" and they had a lot of cool oldies on it but it was really fuzzy. I think it's gone now. :(

Sigh........ I miss so much of what TV was..... :(

petition

like Leave it to Beaver too. always wanted a little brother.

i have seen some of these programs and i think they do more playing to the camera than hunting. would not let my children watch that.

but i like freedom too. don't hunt, but i would if i got hungery and all the trucks stopped and the stores closed. hunting for me would be work not a hobby thus i don't do it.
spent the 4th and 5th years of my life on a farm and my grandfather would hunt or fish for food 3 or 4 days a week. other days he worked the fields.and spent parts or all those days with him. think it would be good for everyone to do that. it gives a understanding of what food is.
being part Native American, i say should we hunt the buffalo till there are none ? no but leave enough so one can eat the next time you are hungery.
and you should not be made to watch this. say if 70% of us hunted and they thought everyone should hunt and they made you go hunting that would not be right.
i have seen the rights of people here disappear in my lifetime. back when i went to school they taught us this was a Republic not a Democracy. in this Republic you had Rights and Freedom, the Bill of Rights . but in a Democracy it was like mob rule, you had to do what the majority,told you to do.
just saying we should be able to do what one wants to do if it does not harm another person or their property. be for each other not against each other. kinda like your no war thing.

Pismire,

Well, I wouldn't say that it is "bottled" up. I prefer a can! :D

I just cannot let a good debate pass by! I think that Dee_Ann is a fun person to debate with! Not to mention just to chat with in general. I understand her, she reminds me a bit of my sister and I debate (and argue and fight) with my sister all the time! LOL! Of course, I think the world of my sister, but we don't always see eye to eye on every subject either.

We should probably not debate too much further here. We don't want to alarm the moderators of a political or social sciences or religious debate and step outside the bounds of the arena and the forum rules.

RADAR

I prefer comedies and action flicks (yes, even war movies) and quality scifi (Star Trek, Stargate - of course, they have violence). I think that most people would prefer that we have a non-violent society but human nature is to use violence and no anti-violence organization is going to change that. Oh, one other thing, do you eat meat?

OK. I shut up now before this becomes a flame war. :eek:

Actually, yes I do eat meat. I wish I didn't. But I don't eat it very often. I have seen how animals are raised on farms and mistreated. It's horrible.

I am working on reducing my meat consumption over time.

When I was in high school I was in FFA and I raised a calf and sold it for meat.
I had to be there when they killed and butchered it. That was the most horrific thing I have ever witnessed. They put a gun to it's forehead that fired a steel rod into it's brain. It flopped and twitched for what seemed like forever.

I was in tears.

Then they put steel hooks in it's back legs and hoisted into the air, cut it's throat to bleed it. It was still alive. Then they cut it open and spilled it's guts onto the floor. Then the guys (seniors) began to strip it's hide and cut it up.

I went home and cried all night after that. I still have that vision bright and clear in my mind like it just happened 5 minutes ago.

After that I had to sell the meat to repay the bank loan I had gotten for the calf and feed. I dropped out of FFA after that. I didn't eat beef for years after that.

I could never be a farmer. I just could not do it.

The smell of cooking meat really disgusts me. Especially pork. It just stinks.
So I eat less and less of it. One day I will phase it all the way out of my diet.

I don't like it but I do eat it because it's essential to my survival.
To eat meat I have to engage my "Doublethink" survival mechanism. :(

Oh, and yes, I wear leather items. I know it comes from animals that are slaughtered for food. Not for fun. So at least it's not being wasted.
More Doublethink. And no, I do not wear fur.

I used to want to have a fur coat until I learned how and where they come from.

Another horrific thing I have stopped doing is taking one form of my hormones called Premarin. Look it up in wikipedia. You will vomit when you learn what it is made from and how they obtain it. I made my doctor change my prescription once I learned the truth about the stuff.

There is a lot of things in the world that are so horrible that I WISH could be changed. I know things will never change but I dream of a kinder, gentler world based on a completely different set of values. But, I guess I'm just goofy. :(

Pismire,

Well, I wouldn't say that it is "bottled" up. I prefer a can! :D

I just cannot let a good debate pass by! I think that Dee_Ann is a fun person to debate with! Not to mention just to chat with in general. I understand her, she reminds me a bit of my sister and I debate (and argue and fight) with my sister all the time! LOL! Of course, I think the world of my sister, but we don't always see eye to eye on every subject either.

We should probably not debate too much further here. We don't want to alarm the moderators of a political or social sciences or religious debate and step outside the bounds of the arena and the forum rules.

RADAR

But I though this was a general Chit Chat section? Shouldn't anything be ok here as long as civility reigns supreme?

Oh, and to add to the hunting, fishing thing. I would do it. But ONLY if I were starving and had no other options. I would not like it but I would do it.
I am not a Vegan. I don't pretend to be. Never have been.

My boyfriend wanted to take me camping and fishing. I told him I would like to go but I didn't want to fish. Or clean fish. I don't know how to clean fish. And it's just yucky. I told him he could catch and clean them and I would cook them and eat them with him. It's something he wants to do together. So I go along. :eek:

OMG!! I remember so many of those shows! ..........

Yes, there used to be some good stuff on TV. I remember when there was no cursing at all, no sex, no violence.

The world sure has gone to pot in the last 30 years.. :(

I remember years ago when TV land used to carry oldies. Now they barely have anything worth watching anymore. Once upon a time some years ago I picked up a station from Houston called "The Tube" and they had a lot of cool oldies on it but it was really fuzzy. I think it's gone now. :(

Sigh........ I miss so much of what TV was..... :(

Ain't that the truth!

Especially with TV LAND. I was just appalled that they sort of altered their format to include the so-called "reality" shows. I quit DN primarily because of that. Other than the Encore Western Channel, TV-Land and the educational channels, there wasn't much to watch in my opinion. I was paying premium prices for a handful of channels.

I can get what I want from FTA - for FREE - if that is what they are going to air on their channels for $50 - $100 a month! Sorreeee! Not this cat!

I doubt if I will ever go back to paying a provider for TV service ever again! Not cable, not DN and not DirecTV, either!

If they pull all the FTA channels off the sats, I just won't watch TV, PERIOD! Well, maybe I will slip in a DVD when no one is watching! Hee Hee!

RADAR

But I though this was a general Chit Chat section? Shouldn't anything be ok here as long as civility reigns supreme?

Oh, and to add to the hunting, fishing thing. I would do it. But ONLY if I were starving and had no other options. I would not like it but I would do it.
I am not a Vegan. I don't pretend to be. Never have been.

My boyfriend wanted to take me camping and fishing. I told him I would like to go but I didn't want to fish. Or clean fish. I don't know how to clean fish. And it's just yucky. I told him he could catch and clean them and I would cook them and eat them with him. It's something he wants to do together. So I go along. :eek:

Dee_Ann,

It is generally considered bad taste and bad luck to get too involved in political, religious or social agendas including... (dare I say) sexual discussions within any public forum like this one.

You and I could chat til the cows come home with our dialog, but if someone else jumped in and had a negative, badgering and beligerant attitude, it would ruin the discussion for everyone and then a moderator would have to close the thread. We wouldn't want that. What we are doing is fun and interesting and informative. We'll just keep it going in a positive and fun direction and we will be fine. No worries! :)

As for the fishing and camping out with your boyfriend, by all means, at least give it a shot. You won't know how much fun it is until you get a whopper on the end of your line and have to wrestle it into shore! You can always let your catch go free (catch and release policy) if you like. I let all my big ones go after a photograph. I only keep the 2-8 pounders. Anything below 2Lbs isn't worth cleaning and anything over 16 Lbs is not only too difficult to clean, but they are the breeding stock.

Then, don't be afraid to clean a fish! It is just the same thing as cleaning a chicken for the pot. It isn't any more "yucky" than cleaning a chicken, other than you get to see the product first hand before it is cleaned. When you cook hamburgers from beef or chicken wings from the bird, someone had to see them alive last too, you know.

You have to get out there and experience these sorts of things, Dee_Ann. It is what the entire world revolves around and survives upon. This is all just a part of life. It is natural. There is nothing "yucky" about it except your own perceptions.

Go on that camping trip and learn something wonderful about life and nature! I assure you, if you can get over the heebie jeebies about cleaning a fish, the rest of the experience will leave you in awe of nature!

You will develop a special respect for God's creations and the natural world and it will leave you with a very good feeling in your heart and soul! Maybe you will develop a better concept of true freedom, freedom not only to excercise your rights, but a freedom of the spirit and of the soul!

This freedom can only be found outdoors, in God's church, the wide open natural spaces that God created!

Don't get me wrong... I am not a religious nut, I am just an avid outdoorsman that appreciates the beauty of the trees and the water and the rocks. The deer and the birds and the snakes upon the ground! Everything that God created.

RADAR

No I don't have a copy of TCM, I thought it was a horrible film, never went for the slasher movies very much. Mr P-mire's off-the-wall remark just struck my funny bone for some reason.
I did always laugh at SouthPark when , I forget the names now, Ned and Jim? 's 'Huntin and Killin Show" was featured.

ONN - Columbus Crew Soccer
JCTV - Liberty University Football
BYU TV - BYU Classic Sports
UWTV - Steve Sarkisian's Weekly Press Conference
Fighting Sioux Sports Network - Everything

Sensing any sort of theme here? :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts