Fcc Approves Transfer Of Voom Satellite!

well, for now, doesn't matter. i'm a SBC/Dish customer and they don't offer 61.5 voom now, so i'm sure they won't offer the new stuff either.

token said:
So those of us who only are getting 110/119 will have to have another dish for more HD programming (if there is LOS). That stinks.

You can always get a Dish1000. Although nothing has been stated publicly yet, it appears that E* will be mirroring HD content on both 129 and 61.5 (national contecnt at least, HD LiL is another story)

Another satellite at 61.5 is good for everyone because it allows the east coast to have their own satellite space, leaving more space on the rest of the country at 129.

Spotbeam : They can 'target' what broadcasting goes where, ie DC programming to DC, NH programming to NH etc...

And watch E* not do a thing till mpeg4 with the satellite, hah (hope not, i want more HD! No excuses now for the rest of voom, east coast locals, espn2-hd and uhd!) (though i get my locals OTA, would still be nice for a backup, as it drops out every now and then!)

I disagree. I look for charlie to hit the ground running to try and make a statement prior to the Christmas selling season. He already had the lead in HD channels and can now give E* retailers more ammo to get new subscribers looking for content on their new HDTVs.

dfergie said:
I second this motion...

What they said
icon_da.gif

BobMurdoch said:
I disagree. I look for charlie to hit the ground running to try and make a statement prior to the Christmas selling season. He already had the lead in HD channels and can now give E* retailers more ammo to get new subscribers looking for content on their new HDTVs.

Sounds just fine to me! Go-Git-em Charlie!! Yee-Haaa!

--Doug

BobMurdoch said:

Well, I hope it is in the form of more national channels. Stuff like the rest of VOOM, Starz-HD, Cinemax-HD, ESPN2-HD, etc..

I guess offering the national network feeds might be good for what, 20%-25% of the HD subscriber base? So I guess that would be helpful to some.

Let's just hope the next E* hd dvr (mpeg 4) has 2 ota's this time and not just one. This looks to be an exciting time for E* but I still think the mpeg 4 recievers are a ways off in terms of mass production. My guess is probably this time next year.

Tom Bombadil said:
Well, I hope it is in the form of more national channels. Stuff like the rest of VOOM, Starz-HD, Cinemax-HD, ESPN2-HD, etc..

I guess offering the national network feeds might be good for what, 20%-25% of the HD subscriber base? So I guess that would be helpful to some.

I agree. I want national HD channels. I already can get my locals OTA. I want ESPN2HD in particular and any other nationals they can give us.

I know E* is known for saying one thing and doing another, but don't expect any more HD in MPEG2. The space is being made for MPEG4. By slowly introducing MPEG4 on the wings (61.5 and 129), there will be no interruption of the already existing service in MPEG2. If they add HD programming in MPEG2, it only takes away bandwidth from MPEG4. I believe E* already said no more HD in MPEG2.

I wonder if the D* announcement will move up the E* announcement to today's retailer chat with regard to MPEG4 rollout. Hope so, but I doubt it.

Since D* is starting their rollout of MPEG 4 pm the 16th E* better have their MPEG4 receiver ready. If not they are going to lose a boat load of customers!!

I think E* will have to make a token effort at adding more HD in the near future. I am expecting to see 2 national HD channels and the rest of the VOOM channels on 61.5 and 129 in glorious MPEG-2. We shall see. The uplink reports should be very interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)