FCC considers ending merger ban among broadcast networks

WOOF!!!

It is truly amazing how people in that position don't know the answer to that question in their bones. It surely requires monumental effort (and some greivous communications filtering) to be that ignorant.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it -- George Santayana

That said, I'm not sure I see the utility in NBC Universal buying Fox or Disney buying everyone.

Reactions: ncted
The FCC, under multiple commissioners appointed by vastly different presidents and approved by vastly different senates, for a period of over 30 years, has allowed Sinclair to openly violate the "no one company can own more than one of the big four in the same market" rule. So they should either do away with it or actually enforce it.

As to the no merger between the Big 4 networks rule, it does not seem to make sense to allow such mergers, IMHO. Everybody selling thing to the networks (studios, actors, sports leagues) and buying things from them (advertisers, and you and me via carriage contracts (which should be abolished, OTA TV should be free) ) would be at a disadvantage.

The FCC, under multiple commissioners appointed by vastly different presidents and approved by vastly different senates, for a period of over 30 years, has allowed Sinclair to openly violate the "no one company can own more than one of the big four in the same market" rule. So they should either do away with it or actually enforce it.
If the franchise model is to remain the order of the day, they need to enforce the rules that allow franchises to work. Of course they also need to break up Disney but that's another thread.

Reactions: danristheman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)