FCC Cracks Down on Analog TV Retailers

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
FCC Cracks Down on Analog TV Retailers - Fines issued for failure to warn consumers - dslreports.com

With the transition to digital TV getting ever closer, the FCC is doing all it can to make sure that consumers are aware of the problems that they will have with their analog televisions after the switch. One of the ways that they are doing this is by cracking down on retailers who are selling analog-only televisions. The FCC is issuing fines to retailers who continue to sell televisions without a digital option. You can see the changes in the stores; they can continue selling their existing inventory on the condition that they place clear warnings within close proximity to these TVs.

I wish the FCC would issue something to the networks, providers and anyone else involved on us not getting good hd. Seems like everyone is going cheap so they can just call something hd. Quality needs to improve. While I am not a big government handle it kind of guy, I do think this is right up the FCC ally.

The federal mandate is for digital, not HD. The only reason there is a mandate is so the feds can make some money selling off spectrum. There is no legal or regulatory requirement for any HD at all. Only market forces will drive that one. And multicasting has a strong business case behind it.

Guess all the praise that BB was getting the other day was NOT warranted as they were likely trying to avoid getting slapped with fines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts