GEOSATpro Fear the Worst - Hope for the Best

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TVHabit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Southwest Desert
Has my MicroHD died? Two days ago, I switched out an old weather beaten LNB with a new GeoSat Pro SL1 PLL LNB I bought off Ebay. After the switch, it worked perfect. I had to go into set up and change the LO to 10750 on each sat but I scanned in each sat and even found a couple of new channels. I was excited to get a freebie on 121 - Velocity.
Last night we were set to watch a movie on 125 and nothing! It doesn't pick up any channel on any satellite...I have to check but I don't think it's moving my dish now...just the dreaded "No Signal" across the board.
Any thoughts? I can't see why switching out an LNB would kill my system but something happened. But to go from crystal clear perfect reception to zilch ???
Help!

Need more detailed info on your system... Are you using any switches?

I would suspect a cable or switch issue, these are always the first to check.

Inspect the fittings on each end of the cable, and bypass all switches to see if the problem persists.

Is the motor moving? If the motor has LEDs, are they lighting when a motor move command is issued?

Measure voltage at the motor and at the LNBF? 13vdc on a vertical transponder and 18vdc on a horizontal.

My vote is with Tron and guess the issue may be with the coax or a connector.

You guys were right...loose connector leading to the dish mover...tightened it up and it's back and looking better than ever. Dodged a bullet with that one. Thanks for the responses - I appreciate the input and help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)