GEOSATpro feature request: another LNB universal mode to add...

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Just replaced the standard LNB on the Ku dish with a universal 9750/10600 to try out this particular unit. Realized quickly I have to use the C-band list as well as the Ku band list to do this because I was using the 5150/10750 universal setting before, and change the settings on all the satellites. Not a big deal really, but something that might be nice when doing this is to have the option for 5150/10600 under the universal list in the LNB menu. Of course if someone wants to utilize the universal LNBF as a true universal with the low band Ku they would use the already existing 9750/10600 setting.

My "Micro" setup uses an Ecoda 22KHz switch with the tone-off port going to the c-band LNBF and tone-on going to the Ku motor/LNBF.

This shouldn't be high on the priority list. Just something to do if other changes are being made in the firmware.

-C.

Interesting request that can be easily implemented in a future release. I will predict that this wont work with all 22khz and universal type LNBF combinations, due to the switching duration and pass through capability.

You also could replace the 22khz switch with a DiSEqC 2x1 and keep the 22khz ON at all times. This would keep the ability for C/KU and also use an universal LNBF locked to highband.

Edited to correct misstatement.

Last edited:
Talk about quick service! :)

Yes, would have to be an ecoda switch with passthrough to make it work.

Not sure about the diseqc... Think I need to do some learning on how the diseqc 2.0 cascade options work in thie receiver. I did not realize that was an option. Will have to do some reading on this to figure out how it switches between ports on the same satellite

I apologize... two satellites would need to be used for DiSEqC switch option.

Replace the 2x1 22khz switch with a DiSEqC 1.0 2x1 switch. Port 1 will be for one band and port 2 for the other. Leave 22khz ON for KU satellites.

Kind of threw me for a loop there...

To make it work I just use the 22KHz off for the C-band sat and 22KHz on for Ku sat and leave the Ku LO at 10600, using a seperate satellite for each band. It actually works in 9750/10600 univeral mode but the C-band frequencies are all messed up... but that's a lot of math to do every time I want to add another TP without blind scanning. I'm way too lazy.
Didn't accomplish what I wanted to do with the universal Ku so I'll put the standard PLL LNBF back in. Was trying to get the NBC mux on 103 to work, for some reason it doesn't matter what I do it just won't. Great signal on the sat meter at the LNB but the Micro just doesn't see it. I am suspecting I have an interference issue, either on the IF side or the Ku side; or a bad piece of cable somewhere. It's should be good cable (Commscope/Times Microwave) but you never know...

Found the bad piece of cable. I thought it was the Commscope cable but looking at the shield under the broken jacket cover it certainly was not. Hopefully this will fix this and other issues...

IMG_0649 (Large).JPGIMG_0644 (Large).JPG

I suspect the culpret was the kitty in the picture that may have been playing with the cable causing the jacket to crack in the cold weather, leading me to the discovery of the inferior length of cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)