Feature Request for 622:

cincyguy2k4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
I wish they would add in the output resolution menu page a native pass through option. This causes my TV to make the image look "soft" no matter what I do to the picture.

I know I am not the only one with this problem. A lot of TV's would look better if we had that option.

I would like to see the 622 support playback queuing making it easy to offload recording to DVD. For example, my wife is a school teacher so we record a variety of local and national news, and news snippets, and burn them to DVR RW for further editing on the PC so she can use them for her classes. Likewise, my four year old loves her Scooby-Doo so we record it while we're at work and often concede TV time for her to watch Scooby-Doo since we don't have the time to burn individual recordings to the DVR. Again, I would love to be able to schedule severals things for playback so I can record them all to DVD while I sleep.

cincyguy2k4 said:
I wish they would add in the output resolution menu page a native pass through option. This causes my TV to make the image look "soft" no matter what I do to the picture.

I know I am not the only one with this problem. A lot of TV's would look better if we had that option.

With my 811, I set the output to 1080i even though my RPTV has a native resolution of 720p. The picture was clearly better with that setting than putting the 811 to 720p. Would the reason for this be that when setting the 811 to 1080i my TV would then use its own scaler to convert the signal to 720p? I do the same thing with my upconverting DVD player (Zenith DVB318)- set to 1080i and then allow my TV to scale to 720p. It looks better. I have heard a reason for this may be that you are converting a higher res signal to a lower res (ex: 1080i to 720p) but that will look better than converting a lower res up to a higher res (ex: 480p to 720p).

Anyway, I have fooled around with this setting in the new 622. Right now I have it set to 1080i. But for the first few days I had it set to 720p. The difference between the two is not as dramatic as it was with the 811.

cincyguy2k4- are you using HDMI/DVI or component cables? I am wondering if that has something to do with your 'soft' picture (component looks noticably softer on my set, although less white blooming). Agree that a passthrough option would simplify the matter though.

Im currently on Component and was on HDMI.

I am going to swap back and forth using a couple recorded HD programs.

You are right HDMI the whites can be so bright its hard to watch the program sometimes.

Orginally I thought I saw no difference but that is appearent going between the 2.

I got a Hitachi RPLCD TV the 50v715.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts