Feature Request: motor type for all satellites

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
On the Openbox, which I think has a similar chipset, you have a screen where you can set your motor type for all satellites. This is a real time saver! I don't know if it would be possible to include a menu that allows you to choose both the LNB and Motor settings for all satellites in the list, but I'd love a similar feature :)

Familiar with the Openbox STBs.... the problem with the single screen set-up is that ALL satellites then have the same set-up and hobbyist typically "don't roll that way!"

Easy, but no flexibility! Many hobbyist systems have a mixture of one or two motorized dishes and often additional fixed dishes with multiple LNBFs.

The set-up may take time to program to your specific configuration, but that is what makes it so flexible.

Familiar with the Openbox STBs.... the problem with the single screen set-up is that ALL satellites then have the same set-up and hobbyist typically "don't roll that way!"

Easy, but no flexibility! Many hobbyist systems have a mixture of one or two motorized dishes and often additional fixed dishes with multiple LNBFs.

The set-up may take time to program to your specific configuration, but that is what makes it so flexible.
Our weird setups might include Ku dishes ( with USALS positioning AND Diseqc 1.2 positioning, as well as fixed dishes) plus C-band dishes(with USALS positioning AND Diseqc 1.2 positioning and fixed position ) . A lot of fun combinations, so little time ! :)

Maybe could have it to default all satellites to same and still allow changes as needed. I don't know if it has been requested or is possible but on my old coolsat 5000 when you were manually scanning and you got a good lock it would display the name of the service. It made it a lot easier to determine if you were actually on the transponder/satellite you were searching for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)