February 6th HD Local Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TulsaCoker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Tulsa, Ok
This is being reported on DirecTV forum web site. Has anyone else heard of the follwing locals being available tomorrow? Take it for what it's worth

CITY (DMA)
Louisville, KY, (64)
Cedar Rapids / Waterloo, IA, (87)
Paducah, KY / Cape Girardeau, MO, (79)
Wichita / Hutchinson, KS (69) will all be getting HD locals as of Feb 6th.

Omaha, NE (75) on Feb 13th
Lincoln / Hastings, NE (104) in early May 2008

Last edited:
Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this. Feel free to point me in the right direction. Ive been with D* since November, I live in Charleston, SC. Where does the Charleston area rank on the totem pole as far as getting our locals in HD?

TIA

Mike

DMA rank was a prime indicator in the first few rounds; but now pure DMA rank is not a huge factor and population is no factor at all.

Paducah, KY / Cape Girardeau, MO, (79) of course this is my market and i guess i made the wrong decision by going to E*

Some of these are showing up in my list but are grayed out and don't work quite yet on my HR21.

Any idea which bird these are on? I would love to ditch the separate dish for the 72.5° :D

(I'm in Cedar Rapids)

of course my market Norfolk, Va Dma 43 gets screwed wants again....it's like directv does not care about us here, it would be nice to get a legitimate answer as to what kind of time frame my market could be looking at. Verizon fios and Cox has all the locals in hd here but why not directv? It is literally killing me!

of course my market Norfolk, Va Dma 43 gets screwed wants again....it's like directv does not care about us here, it would be nice to get a legitimate answer as to what kind of time frame my market could be looking at. Verizon fios and Cox has all the locals in hd here but why not directv? It is literally killing me!

Don't feel too bad, Toledo was rumored a year ago at least.
D* probably figures that there are major cities around Toledo that have HD Locals (Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus and Cincy) therefore they are not in anyhurry to get Toledo up, of course D* does not offer any of those to us in Toledo dma to get us by , Significantly Viewed channels would have fallen into that catagory , but it has been but on the back burner as I have not heard anything about SV channels in quite awhile.

Jimbo

A popular theory is the spot beam problem that was discovered on D10 after it launched is the reason why Norfolk got skipped. Some think D10 can't see your area. I'm hoping they get your HD locals up as soon as D11 is launched (March) and operational (sometime in late April/early May I'd guess). Hang in there - I'm sure D* is purposely giving Norfolk the shaft.

Last edited:
well, atleast I got through another football season without it. All i can do as hope they cure the problem by next season.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this. Feel free to point me in the right direction. Ive been with D* since November, I live in Charleston, SC. Where does the Charleston area rank on the totem pole as far as getting our locals in HD?
TIA
Mike
Charleston, SC is DMA #100, and Directv has added HD locals to 76 cities.

:)

Charleston, SC is DMA #100, and Directv has added HD locals to 76 cities.

:)

Sorta, their count is not following the DMA chart like it started out doing.
Toledo was 68 originally and now in the mid 70's and not turned on yet, I would be willing to bet that you get your Charleston before we get Toledo up here.

Jimbo

I am hoping they add Fargo North Dakota after D11 launches in March

DIRECTV Now Delivers Local HD Programming In 76 U.S. Cities – Representing Nearly 76 percent Of U.S. TV HouseholdsWHAT: DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading satellite television service provider, is now offering local HD programming to customers in 76 markets across the United States with the launch of four new HD markets today. DIRECTV customers in Cedar Rapids-Waterloo, Iowa; Louisville, Ky.; Paducah, Ky., and Wichita, Kan., now have access to local broadcast networks in HD. With the addition of these four new markets, DIRECTV now offers access to local HD broadcast channels to nearly 76 percent of U.S. TV households.

DIRECTV's roll out of local HD channels is part of a nationwide expansion of HD programming that includes 92 national HD channels.

WHEN: Beginning today, Thursday Feb. 7, 2008.

HOW: To receive DIRECTV's local HD programming, customers must have an H20 or H21 HD receiver or an HR20 or HR21 DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR and a Ka/Ku band dish. DIRECTV is offering new customers a $100 mail-in rebate on all DIRECTV HD and HD DVR receivers or an instant $100 rebate for customers who lease the equipment online at DIRECTV.com. Customers can also learn more about DIRECTV's advanced products by calling 1-800-DIRECTV.

Source: DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts