Febuary 23 should be an intresting day

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Thats when we find out how many subs voom had at the end of december.

Cablevision Systems Corp. Earnings Conference Call (Q4 2004)
Scheduled to start Wed, Feb 23, 2005, 10:00 am Eastern

I really have the feeling it pick up (the install appointments) after December.
Wondering if they will comment on that.

riffjim4069 said:
Thanks for the heads-up. I agree, it should be an interesting day indeed! I am predicting there are 62,000 current subscribers and pending installs.
Not that they usually report pending installs, but what ratio are you thinking? 30k installed and 32k pending?

Also note that this report will be ending Dec 2004, three months after they reported finishing at 26k after losing subs during Sep. (Facts from the last 10K.) Adding 36k in three months? You ARE an optimist! :D

I look forward to the report - as well as seing a definitive agreement for the sale to VoomHD.

JL

justalurker said:
Also note that this report will be ending Dec 2004, three months after they reported finishing at 26k after losing subs during Sep. (Facts from the last 10K.) Adding 36k in three months? You ARE an optimist! :D
JL
I agree. Most of the new installations are probably after the New Year. I am one of the new installs in Jan. I did not hear about VOOM until I got my HDTV and saw the $1 install ad on AVS forum.

riffjim4069 said:
Thanks for the heads-up. I agree, it should be an interesting day indeed! I am predicting there are 62,000 current subscribers and pending installs.

I'm one of the pending installs. Feb 25th!!!!!! Can't wait.

Me and 6 of my buddies are pending installs also with multi recievers. I think 35K will be the number given at the call since sales picked up around XMAS after everyone got a new HD TV. :)

I'm hoping that people really like the service and channels now, that the churn rate and 6 month commit is making a dent I am hoping for 50k and that's something positive for Voom I think.

dash2004 said:
I agree. Most of the new installations are probably after the New Year.
It wouldn't kill Voom to put the current subscriber count in their press releases like other companies. Then again, it could kill them.

It is bad that we have to wait a month or two after a count is current to get a hint ... and put up with assumptions of how well they have done since for another three months until the next delayed results are announced when we are sure that they have added a few more thousand than reported then too.

Personally, if the subscriber numbers were really good they would be on Voom's homepage and shouted from the rooftops instead of burried in quarterly reports. But we'll find out where they were two months ago in a week.

JL

I don't understand why it even matters at this point. The service is in transition, period. The numbers were sufficient for Dolan to decide to buy it, whatever his reasons, so they were sufficient enough for him.
Unless you're interested in investing with Chucky, I can't understand what possible bearing it could have on anything for you.

"Then again, it could kill them." How? As I said...makes no difference at this point.

Lob

Lobstah said:
I don't understand why it even matters at this point. The service is in transition, period. The numbers were sufficient for Dolan to decide to buy it, whatever his reasons, so they were sufficient enough for him.
Unless you're interested in investing with Chucky, I can't understand what possible bearing it could have on anything for you.

"Then again, it could kill them." How? As I said...makes no difference at this point.
Why are you here? Just to throw a wet blanket on ANY conversation? Whether Voom survives or not it doesn't matter - it's only TV and only Cablevision stockholders currently have a stake in the matter. Right? Customers just have an emotional stake - some more emotional than others. But why try to squash all discussion?

Mr Dolan doesn't want it to fail. HE doesn't care how many subscribers there are (although he would like more - just like any businessman wants more business). What he doesn't want is failure. There is probably a threshold for him of "too few customers to continue" but I'd bet that he would never set that number - because he BELIEVES in the success of the service and wouldn't pull it even if it crossed below a certain number.

So to say the numbers were sufficient for Dolan to decide to buy it isn't saying much as survival is better than failure. Unless you believe there is a way Mr Dolan would allow Voom to fail. I certainly don't believe he would let Voom fail.

It matters because we are discussing it. OK?

JL

I am predicting 40 - 45K as of 12/31/04. But, I think today 2/15/05, the number is probably closer to 55K. I am basing this on the following:

(1) Feedback I got from 2 installers when I had my dish upgraded to 24”
(2) 6-month commitment with $1 install
(3) Significant increase in traffic on this board

justalurker said:
Whether Voom survives or not it doesn't matter - it's only TV and only Cablevision stockholders currently have a stake in the matter. Right?

Not to belabor your point but since Chuck decided to spin it off as a privately held company I'd go as far as to say Cablevision stockholders don't have a stake in the matter... at least not once the transition is complete.

So that just leaves us... the loyal customers. And Chucky, our fearless leader. Go VOOM!

We need a street team and a bunch of stickers that say:

Got HDTV?
www.voom.com

phreakmonkey said:
(snip)...So that just leaves us... the loyal customers. And Chucky, our fearless leader. Go VOOM!

We need a street team and a bunch of stickers that say:

Got HDTV?
www.voom.com

The greatest things are accomplished by individual people, not by committees or companies. Montapert, Alfred A.
I share your belief that a force in the field can and will make the difference between dream and sustained reality, so let's don't let it end with a street force and stickers...invite friends, relatives, associates...heck!...strangers...for a live demonstration in a real setting...We've already seen in other threads that this tactic works...they will come in onesies and twosies (one post even said SIXies!!) Bring it on!!
party01.gif
party01.gif
party01.gif
VOOM ON!!!
wow.gif
wow.gif
Vicki

Are you guys sure that Cablevision Q4 doesn't end on Jan 31st like alot of companies? I find it kind of late, it should of been last month like other companies. If they're Q4 end Jan31st they we could have a bigger sub number.

roachxp said:
Are you guys sure that Cablevision Q4 doesn't end on Jan 31st like alot of companies? I find it kind of late, it should of been last month like other companies. If they're Q4 end Jan31st they we could have a bigger sub number.
It's December 31st. The September 30th results were reported in November.

Cablevision SEC Filings
Cablevision Financial News

Conference call is at 10am ---.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)