Feed question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
So I did some scanning this evening and found an enjoyable event that I decided to watch. As soon as said event was over, however, the feed went down. If this is a type of recurring event, is it possible that said feed will be back in the same spot the next time the same or similar event is scheduled?

Hope this question is in line with rules on the board...it's fun trying to be as vague as possible :D

honestly it depends. Feeds are transponders spots that literally are "for rent" so lets say you "rent" space on (example) AMC5 12000 H tonight for an event. Now next week you have the same event going on but I already have that same spot booked so you'll have to rent somewhere else.

Also providers use different symbol rates so you may be at 12000 H 3978 but I may use 12000 H 6111 :)

Sometimes the same feeds are used all season (as in sports events) as the provider "rents" for the whole season

So I did some scanning this evening and found an enjoyable event that I decided to watch. As soon as said event was over, however, the feed went down. If this is a type of recurring event, is it possible that said feed will be back in the same spot the next time the same or similar event is scheduled?

Hope this question is in line with rules on the board...it's fun trying to be as vague as possible :D

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, then from my experience those kind of "events" will 95% of the time be in the same spot. I had posted a comment on another forum earlier about how these kind of "events" are not posted in an open forum for a reason even though such feeds have been up there for years and my comment was deleted within 10 minutes of posting it and am no longer allowed to post :). Certain providers have scrambled a lot of stuff because somehow these feeds have made their ways to p2p networks.

I believe in sharing, but I also believe there is a thin line between sharing and ruining the feeds for everyone.

Yes! That's the fun part ;)

My experience has been this: Network news feeds (CNN/FOX/ABC) involving a talking head will be in the same spot more than one time in a row. This is especially true if it's from a place that is an event (Hurricane, political fest). Sports feeds from a series of games (Baseball) possibly have the same spot as well. The most likely to be static are local newscasts and one-off live feeds from anchors.

At least that's my experience, but your mileage may vary.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)