Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I want to get a Universal LNB so I can get extra channels that use R,L

I originally bought this:

Chaparral C/KU band Corotor ll Plus Combo Pack, Feedhorn w C and KU LNBs

The Corotor II Plus is designed for systems which require reception of both C and Ku-band signals. The Corotor II Plus is primarily for reception of satellites in the United States.

Corotor 2 Plus Features:

Patented probe for C-band reception
Unique Low-loss dipole antenna for Ku-band reception
Receives linear C-band signals in the 3.7-4.2 GHz Range
Receives linear Ku-band signals in the 11.7-12.7 GHz range

Built in the Chaparral tradition of quality, the Corotor II Plus is the ideal choice for systems which require reliable performance.

My question before I just thru my money away is:

Can I just replace the regular Ku LNB for a universal Ku LNB without changing the other parts: Scalar Ring and Feedhorn? Or will I need a special Feedhorn that will support the universal KU lnb. I also want to continue using the C band setup.

Thanks for your help.

I thik the L/R polorization options are going to be more a function of your feedhorn than the LNB itself. Some feedhorns have a dielectric plate in the feedhorn to accomidate the L/R polarites.

This Article talks about the circular polarized c-band stuff some.

kelleyga said:
I want to get a Universal LNB so I can get extra channels that use R,L
I originally bought this:
Chaparral C/KU band Corotor ll Plus Combo Pack, Feedhorn w C and KU LNBs
The Corotor II Plus is designed for systems which require reception of both C and Ku-band signals. The Corotor II Plus is primarily for reception of satellites in the United States.
Corotor 2 Plus Features:
Patented probe for C-band reception
Unique Low-loss dipole antenna for Ku-band reception
Receives linear C-band signals in the 3.7-4.2 GHz Range
Receives linear Ku-band signals in the 11.7-12.7 GHz range
Built in the Chaparral tradition of quality, the Corotor II Plus is the ideal choice for systems which require reliable performance.
My question before I just thru my money away is:
Can I just replace the regular Ku LNB for a universal Ku LNB without changing the other parts: Scalar Ring and Feedhorn? Or will I need a special Feedhorn that will support the universal KU lnb. I also want to continue using the C band setup.
Thanks for your help.

What channels are you looking to get?

Well, the other day there was a program NSS806 which I could not get because I do not have an Inter. Ku.

So I was wondering if I could just change the LNB without changing the Feedhorn, Which looks like I can not not.

Last edited:
kelleyga said:
Well, the other day there was a program NSS806 which I could not get because I do not have an Inter. Ku.
So I was wondering if I could just change the LNB without changing the Feedhorn, Which looks like I can not not.

NSS-806 is a great bird for Spanish programming, nothing is on the Ku side that I know of, it all on C-band, you will need a circular feed, like the Chaparral Corotor II+ wdeband, you can reuse the same lnb's you have now.

Hi TDI1

You SURE?????

That is what I was thinking. Buying the International Feedhorn they have and just move the LNBs from my current regular corrotor.

But, Do I need to change also the Ku???

kelleyga said:
Hi TDI1
You SURE?????
That is what I was thinking. Buying the International Feedhorn they have and just move the LNBs from my current regular corrotor.
But, Do I need to change also the Ku???

The Ku-band lnb has nothing to do with a C-band satellite, I have NSS-806 booming in with a wideband feed, and I have never found anything on Ku-band, C-band is full I get many channels on both polarity's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)