Feedhorns and LNBs question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
It seems that everyone is going with a Chaparral C/KU band Corotor 2 Plus Feedhorn. Is this a bang for the buck thing? $150 with LNBs seems like a good deal!

I have a CalAmp C/Ku feedhorn with the rotor - would there be any benefit to going to the Chaparral one?

Also, I'm planning on upgrading the LNBs to:

Cband:
Norsat Model: 8115 Noise Temperature: 15k L.O. Stability: 150 kHz

Ku band:
Norsat Model: 4106A Noise Figure: 0.6 dB L.O. Stability: 159 kHz

All this is going on a 5' mesh.

What I want to know is am I putting chrome headers on a Geo by putting these nice LNBs on a small dish? Is it a complete waste of money? SatEng has both for about $120/ea. I figured the extra $10-$15 over the 500khz stable ones (8515) would be worth it.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

i would go ahead with the purchase of these LNB's, with a 5 foot mesh you are going to need all the help you can get ;-)

Thanks guys,

I figured just like the 0.3db LNBs that are so popular with smaller Ku dishes, now noise and L.O. stability are what we're looking for.

I'll order these before too long :).

I ordered these beaties today. I spent the better part of $250 but I figure even if I get a bigger dish later I can always transfer the LNBs over :). I'm looking forward to DVB on C-Band!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)