Feeding 2 VIP211k's

jonyac

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
Can I use two 211k receivers on only one cable coming from a 1000.4 with a splitter or diplexer and watch different channels on each?

Thanks Ice, the reason I ask is I want 2 HD receivers in my camper and wondered if I had to install something more than the camper has. The living room tv will be a piece of cake to run a new line to.

The two separate receivers don't have the necessary inter-tuner communication required in order to make the Dish Pro Plus technology work properly with a separator.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

The two separate receivers don't have the necessary inter-tuner communication required in order to make the Dish Pro Plus technology work properly with a separator.

But they could be made to work that way if Dish so chose. You can verify this by hooking the TV2 output from two separators into a single duo receiver.

But they could be made to work that way if Dish so chose. You can verify this by hooking the TV2 output from two separators into a single duo receiver.

Care to elaborate on what you are saying? Separators don't have TV2 outputs.

Still doesn't make any sense. Using two separators with two feeds is effectively operating in Dish Pro NON-Plus mode.

Installers originally found this trick. A common satellite dish for SD receivers is the D500, and a common LNB/switch is the DPP twin. The DPP twin has only 2 DPP outputs, capable of feeding two duo receivers, for 4 tuners total, using separators. If the separators say sat1/sat2 rather than tv1/tv2, I apologize; I didn't go double check. Anyhow, it's possible to feed 3 Dish DP receivers with a single DPP twin LNB by feeding both separator sat1 outputs to the solo receivers, and both sat2 outputs to the duo receiver, hence my comment above. There are still only 4 tuners; that can't change. But the tuners could, if Dish would allow it, be in solo receivers, and not just duo receivers.

Note that DPP technology uses no additional frequencies beyond DishPro (bandstacked) technology. So the tuners in DP receivers can all see and select channels out of the DP signal. I claim it's a matter of a firmware upgrade to allow solo receivers to connect up to any side of a separator, and not just the sat1 output.

Installers originally found this trick. A common satellite dish for SD receivers is the D500, and a common LNB/switch is the DPP twin. The DPP twin has only 2 DPP outputs, capable of feeding two duo receivers, for 4 tuners total, using separators. If the separators say sat1/sat2 rather than tv1/tv2, I apologize; I didn't go double check. Anyhow, it's possible to feed 3 Dish DP receivers with a single DPP twin LNB by feeding both separator sat1 outputs to the solo receivers, and both sat2 outputs to the duo receiver, hence my comment above. There are still only 4 tuners; that can't change. But the tuners could, if Dish would allow it, be in solo receivers, and not just duo receivers.

Note that DPP technology uses no additional frequencies beyond DishPro (bandstacked) technology. So the tuners in DP receivers can all see and select channels out of the DP signal. I claim it's a matter of a firmware upgrade to allow solo receivers to connect up to any side of a separator, and not just the sat1 output.

Ah. Now that makes sense. What is going on there is the dual-tuner is still sending the DPP control codes to the switch. The dual-tuner still requires two separate feeds and the single-tuner units are still effectively operating in non-Plus mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)