Fees for disconnect, equipment....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Instead of starting a new post I thought I would use this one since is dealing with disconnecting. I read that Directv removed G4TV and was wonder since they had done that would this open a loophole to get out paying ETFs?(because directv had this channel is one of the reasons I decided to go with them:rolleyes:) I know with cell phone carriers when they make certain changes it allows people to get out of contracts and was wondering if this would be similar.

No, they have the right to change lineups at any time. However, if you call and complain they may give you a discount on your monthly costs or a one time credit.

You might want to wait until the CATV gets installed. Take a look at what the cable company is offering. Sometimes folks switch to Directv to save money...sometime they
decide to pay the extra money to avoid outages, crappy line up or missing a favorite channel.

Joe

When I canceled my cable account with Insight in April, 2010, they told me anytime I wanted to come back they would pay the ETF no matter how many months were left. Worth asking, they can only say no.

I think people are missing the point, he's going to get free cable service because he'll be an employee, not as a paying customer. It's a benefit that sounds great, but doesn't cost the company a thing and I doubt that they really care, one way or another, if he takes it or not. So unless his job is as CEO or something like that I can't imagine the company is going to pay several hundred bucks to get him out of his DirecTV commitment. With some many people out of work, most of whom would be happy just for a job, let alone free cable, I can't see a brand new employee even asking for such a thing. Remember, most companies have a probation period where they can let new employees go without even giving a reason.

In my opinion, unless he wants to come up with a lot of bucks to buy out his commitment, he should just downgrade to the cheapest package he can, drop all the extras, like premiums, and eat the cost each month. Who knows maybe after a few months he'll discover that, even for free, cable sucks and will be glad he still has DirecTV.

If cable won't cover the ETF, better get ready to get bent over by D*. Thier contract is sort of like being in prison

I don't get this reply.

The OP signed a contract now he wants out of the contract, and per the terms of the contract he has to pay early termination fees.

Have you ever been in prison ?

I don't get this reply.

The OP signed a contract now he wants out of the contract, and per the terms of the contract he has to pay early termination fees.

Funny how people want what they want, but aren't prepared to pay the price for it. As far as the prison comment, hyperbole runs wild here from time to time!

I don't get this reply.

Just ment that he didn't read his contract(as most idiots don't)and that as you said, he was liable for the ETF, and when he recieves the bill he is going to feel it. And yes I view contracts as a form of prison, when my wife and I first started out it was, debt,no-debt,debt, no-debt, then we got ahead of the game, and game it is. We have services with cell phones, Dish network, Verizon, Vonage, Dominion Power, a few have contracts and if we want out we pay and leave, no sweat. My oldest son and daughter share a condo at college(that I rent for them) the end of September they made a careless mistake, actually daughter did, she left a candle lit in her bedroom when she went to sleep, well matress burns(with newer standards they don't really flame, at least not in the begining) son wakes to alarm, daughter freakin out, can find a fire extinguisher, son I guess decides to do some fire walking( they do have 2 1/2 baths that have water, this is a Class A fire), well long story short, bill is a few cents shy of 10K(in Va be careful when you call emergency service they charge, ambulance alone was 400.00+). Everyone was telling me to file with my insurance company, a friend of my wife and her husband had a simlar instance and did, now what the hell does this have to do with my insurance policys, I had told them to get renters insurance, they didn't, and part is my fault for not following up to see if they had. Well just like the OP trying to find a short cut out, or people trying to avoid fessing up for carelessness(I don't belive in the word accidently- you carelessly run into the back of a car)I paid out of my pocket, and we move on. No one was hurt seriously and a lesson was learned, though the hard way. I can also feel good about the ethics of my oldest son, his feeling of responsibilities for thier actions, he wanted to sell his 2009 Fusion to pay for the cost, not trying to pass the blame or find a short cut.
And no I have not been in prison, I did get locked up for 3 days when I crossed from South Australia into New South Wales for operating a motorcycle without a helmet, it was that or pay the fine, but after spending considerable time crossing the Nallarbor Plain(we were there in 1970) 470 miles of dirt road, figured it was 3 days of rest, especially after one part that was 90 miles without any turns, not one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)