Fell into the IPTV now.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
This is one for lone gunman who one time said he was cheap until I came along. My public library is offering take home internet for free a week at a time. Is 38 up and 16 down is that good? Well I got into the iptv bug now overall Amazon Prime is not that great. Most shows are unable to watch, or you have to pay more if you want to watch it. If you pay to watch you should be able to watch them. I like YouTube little bit but I still like my satellite tv. I like to sync things like spotify to my tv from my phone so its not all bad.

Attachments

• 20190227_001808.jpg
    20190227_001808.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 320
This is one for lone gunman who one time said he was cheap until I came along. My public library is offering take home internet for free a week at a time. Is 38 up and 16 down is that good? Well I got into the iptv bug now overall Amazon Prime is not that great. Most shows are unable to watch, or you have to pay more if you want to watch it. If you pay to watch you should be able to watch them. I like YouTube little bit but I still like my satellite tv. I like to sync things like spotify to my tv from my phone so its not all bad.

Amazon Prime includes tons of included movies and tv shows, but it is also a platform for "buying" (aka licensing) or renting other content from a much larger catalog. If you give us some examples of the types of shows you like, we might be able to make some recommendations of content available on Prime.

Reactions: osu1991

What is "take home internet"? How could that work? Do they give you a hotspot or something like that?

On Amazon Prime, I would check out:
The Expanse
Man in the High Castle
Jack Ryan
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Mr. Robot
Orphan Black
Justified
The Americans
Sneaky Pete
Bosch
The Killing

Prime also has exclusive rights to a lot of PBS and HBO shows.
And they carry a lot of relatively recent movies as part of a deal with EPIX.

I like my ww2 and Steve McQueen movies. They were wanting 7.99 for the magnificent 7 with Steve McQueen. I thought this is dumb might as well get it on bluray for that. Grand Tour was pretty good. I want to get into watching the man in the high castle it looked good. If you pay $110 year for prime you shouldn't have to pay any more. When I get the hotspot again I will watch those shows. Thank you Zookster and primestar31

I had Amazon Prime years ago, and found out I had to pay EXTRA for everything streaming I wanted to watch! At that time, the only free stuff was mostly crap you could get elsewhere for free. I didn't re-up my sub the following year, and I never plan to now. It's NOT worth it for their so-called free shipping, as I get that anyway every time I order!

Dan, check your library and find out if they have HOOPLA. https://www.hoopladigital.com/

Reactions: danristheman
I start a lot of shows and never finish because I lose interest. A good one on Prime I just finished 8 episodes is White Dragon. Looked really good on my LG C8 in HDR also.

I like my ww2 and Steve McQueen movies. They were wanting 7.99 for the magnificent 7 with Steve McQueen. I thought this is dumb might as well get it on bluray for that. Grand Tour was pretty good. I want to get into watching the man in the high castle it looked good. If you pay $110 year for prime you shouldn't have to pay any more. When I get the hotspot again I will watch those shows. Thank you Zookster and primestar31

There's no way Prime (or anyone) can offer almost every movie or TV show ever made available for streaming for $10-$15/mo. Not even HBO or Netflix does that. The Amazon VoD (digital content rental and purchase) service is very much like iTunes and Vudu, and existed prior to Prime. And what Prime does (in addition to many other benefits, including free two-day shipping, free music, books, cloud storage, exclusive discounts, etc.) is unlock thousands of titles for free streaming to its members. Whether the cumulative benefits and available content are worth the annual or monthly fee to you is entirely an individual decision. I personally am on the fence each time my annual renewal comes up, but I feel I owe Bezos at least one more year for saving The Expanse after the Syfy channel cancelled it.

Well you got a point there. Its not bad I was just frustrated thinking you want to watch something and you can't get it.

I do like amazon prime Just don't have a good source for internet.

Your dish does everything else, how come you never tried this? If there's any open internet within a mile of your place, it might just work. I used to use a Cantenna on a tripod myself, and I had free high-speed internet for 4 years that way.

Scan for free local internet using this program: inSSIDer Lite - Free inSSIDer WiFi Scanner

Reactions: danristheman
I do like amazon prime Just don't have a good source for internet.
Then IPTV (actually OTT) is pretty much off the table for you and you don't need to concern yourself with it.

By the time most of those that don't have good broadband access get it, the face of OTT will have completely changed.

Whether the cumulative benefits and available content are worth the annual or monthly fee to you is entirely an individual decision.

I was ready to ditch Amazon Prime and just keep Netflix. Then Amazon bought Whole Foods. My wife shops at Whole Foods at least once a week and saves on average $10 each time she goes with her iPhone app. That calculates out to a savings of $520 per year. That in itself pays for my membership 4+ times over. Free 2-3 day shipping, video streaming, free kindle books and Amazon prime music on my Alexa device is icing on the cake. So in my case it's a no brainer.

There is some free internet at restaurants but they are blocked by buildings so they are out of the question. If you look up Angola Indiana along N Wayne st. Their is plenty of free internet but clear line of sight is the problem. Prime i can't more than one dish up at a time. I would lose my apartment. Just about everything near me is locked down. I got the internet back this week no one put a hold on it so i got it back.

There is some free internet at restaurants but they are blocked by buildings so they are out of the question. If you look up Angola Indiana along N Wayne st. Their is plenty of free internet but clear line of sight is the problem. Prime i can't more than one dish up at a time. I would lose my apartment. Just about everything near me is locked down. I got the internet back this week no one put a hold on it so i got it back.

You don't need to put up another dish. Simply build the biquad feed, and put it on your present dish just like one of your lnb's. You'll have to play around with where it needs to go, but don't think that just because there's some buildings in the way, that it's all blocked. You can't know that until you try.
Biquad Antenna Construction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)