Fido TV and In Country TV?

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
Are these fairly recent channels as I never noticed them before? I'm new to Dish. Fido TV seems to be a channel about dogs and I never heard of In Country TV before on any other provider and there seems to be very little on the internet about it. Are these exclusive to Dish?

Dish seems to be adding more niche channels compared to Directv and other providers like GetTV, Outside TV, FETV and Blue Highways TV all on Dish. Will there be more in the future?

FIdo is relatively new. Directv has "DogTV"

In Country TV I thought was basically paid programs? At least thats what it was when I had DIsh

FIdo is relatively new. Directv has "DogTV"

In Country TV I thought was basically paid programs? At least thats what it was when I had DIsh

As you probably know Fido TV is about dogs but Dog TV is FOR dogs to watch while they're home alone. And it's pricey too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Interesting concept
http://www.performanceonemedia.com/index.html
About Us

Performance One Media, located in the Denver Tech Center in Greenwood Village, Colorado since 2005, owns and operates three critical areas within the media industry; Media Solutions, Content Services and Networks.

Media Solutions is focused on media planning and buying that yield larger response volume, better conversion rates and innovate solutions, for any size client. From Strategy and Creative Development to Production, Planning and Campaign management, we have the team of industry experts and resources available to help you exceed your goals and objectives.

Content Services provides end-to-end solution for networks and content companies, whether it is a start-up or an existing entity looking for a change. By having networks like Pursuit Channel and WeatherNation, Performance One Media realizes economies of scale and in-turn can pass the same infrastructure, technical solutions and support to others in a cost-efficient manner. TV Everywhere…no matter the platform (cable, satellite, telco or hand-held device), no matter the content (live, transactional/subscription on-demand or downloadable), and no matter the format (Apple iOS, Android, Java and others).

Fido TV is SD. But, it's the worst kind of SD. It's a 16:9 image inside a 4:3 window inside a 16:9 TV screen. So, you end up with a small fuzzy 16:9 image with a big black border around it. Or, you can change Aspect to Zoom. But, it just looks fuzzier then.
The fact that it's originally a 16:9 image tells me it's available in HD, but Dish chooses not to carry it in HD.

Reactions: TheKrell
The fact that it's originally a 16:9 image tells me it's available in HD, but Dish chooses not to carry it in HD.

There are an awful lot of DVDs out there that are technically speaking SD, but also widescreen. But IMHO there is no excuse for Dish (or anybody else) to letterbox a widescreen SD transmission, turning into this picture-framed stupidity on a normal widescreen TV set.

Reactions: GaryPen
There are an awful lot of DVDs out there that are technically speaking SD, but also widescreen. But IMHO there is no excuse for Dish (or anybody else) to letterbox a widescreen SD transmission, turning into this picture-framed stupidity on a normal widescreen TV set.
No excuse at all. If the feed is 16:9, they should carry it in 16:9, regardless if it is SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)