Fiesta Bowl not in HD????

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
I'm a football fan. So when I turned on the Fiesta Bowl on my local fox provider and found it to not be in HD.....I was shocked. So I then checked my local antenna which didn't produce an HD signal either. Hmmm.......

Why wouldn't one of the biggest games of the year be broadcasted in HD? I was perplexed and frustrated. Frustrated because I am so accustomed to watchin in HD that I couldn't stand the SD so had to watch another show.

Any thoughts as to why it wasn't broadcasted in HD? My local fox station is WLUK Fox 11 out of Green Bay, WI.

Thanks

Pfan

Hd in Baton Rouge, La and the New Orleans Fox affiliate.
It definitely was your affiliate 's problem. I cant believe their phone wasnt ringing off of the hook, and then after 5 mins of complaints, if they couldnt fix it, they didnt run a crawl saying "dont call, we are working on it, etc."

When you called your station last nite, what did they tell you?

this is the same fox affiliate that lost the packer feed during the fourth quarter. Maybe they are having the same problem, but we "got" the fiesta bowl this time, whereas the packer game was a complete blackout. I'll see what my email does, otherwise I'll call them on my lunch.

Thanks Fellas,

pfan

WLUK, Channel 11, is experiencing problems with its high-definition signal.

“A chunk of ice fell off the tower in the ice storm the other day and dented a pipe someplace, and we believe there is a hole in the pipe someplace,” Jay Zollar, general manager, said this morning.

Water vapor has seeped into the hole and disrupted the signal, he said. The hole could be anywhere from the bottom to top of the 1,100-foot tower.

Nitrogen is being fed into the line to get rid of the vapor, Zollar said.

If that fails and a signal can’t be maintained, a tower crew will have to be brought in to inspect the pipe, he said.

“We’re trying to do everything we can do to get the thing back up and running in high definition,” Zollar said.

The problem affected coverage of Monday night’s Fiesta Bowl.

It’s the second problem with WLUK’s signals in the last three weeks. On Dec. 14, a water pump used to cool the transmitter failed, knocking out the station’s digital signal during a Green Bay Packers game. That outage lasted about 35 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)