Figuring out Azimuth

conorjenfanclub

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
Quick questions, which Dish Network satellite do I need to choose on dishfinder.com when picking America's Top 250 package for the zipcode 66210? I'm guessing it's the Dish 1000.2 which has a Azimuth (true): 215.7° at my location. My apartment balcony has a LOS from 181-359 degrees using my trusty compass, but 0-180 degrees is enclosed. Does that mean there's a 35.7 degree buffer? That should be enough room right?

Last edited:
I would use 119, since it is the center satellite. Set skew per your zip code in the manual. Cover the outer 2 lnbs with aluminum foil to assure you find 119 with the center lnb, then uncover outer 2 and tweak for best signal balance.

what type of dish/LNB do you have? 3LNB dish...
1000/ 1k.2 lnb all lnb's are equally spaced apart,
1k.4 lnb 1 is setting off to the side.
2 LNB dish, choose 500
1 LNB 300
They all have different angles and i like jim's way of shooting the dish. def use that.

what type of dish/LNB do you have? 3LNB dish...
1000/ 1k.2 lnb all lnb's are equally spaced apart,
1k.4 lnb 1 is setting off to the side.
2 LNB dish, choose 500
1 LNB 300
They all have different angles and i like jim's way of shooting the dish. def use that.
I'm sorry, I should of mentioned the DISH Tech hasn't came to install yet. It's scheduled for this Friday. When I setup my order I asked them which dish would be installed and they said 1000.2. The reason I'm asking is because originally I tried to get DIRECTV installed but had a nightmare of a time with a LOS issue. Basically the angle was too close to the balcony wall at 187 degrees and DIRECTV has a 10 degree radius buffer policy. After that, I saw that DISH had a much better package for me and the 119W satellite had about 25.9 more degrees than DIRECTV from my balcony wall.

I guess what I should really ask is how many degrees of open sky to the left of the 119W LNB do I need for the 1000.2 satellite? Just want to make sure I am not an idiot on my estimation that a DISH installation is doable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts