FILMFEST HD: JAMES BOND HD (17 Titles)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
FILMFEST HD: JAMES BOND HD
PREMIERES June 1 through 30 on DISH channel 9480
You’ve never seen Bond like you will this June on FILMFEST HD with the world high-definition premieres of 17 Bond classics. The cars are faster, the women are sexier, and the gadgets are sleeker. Titles include: Diamonds Are Forever (1971), Dr. No (1962), For Your Eyes Only (1981), From Russia With Love (1963), Goldfinger (1964), License to Kill (1989), Live and Let Die (1973), The Living Daylights (1987), The Man with the Golden Gun (1974), Moonraker (1979), Never Say Never Again (1983), Octopussy (1983), On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969), The Spy Who Loved Me (1977), Thunderball (1967), A View to a Kill (1985), You Only Live Twice (1968).

I do not know. The ones above are the ones that were licensed in the press release. The press released mentioned only 17 titles.

phloyd welcome.

According to zap2it:

6/1 7am, 1:30pm
The Living Daylights *** (1987, Action / Ad) Agent 007 takes Czech cellist to ex-KGB boyfriend. PG HDTV

9:30 am, 3:30 pm
Moonraker ***+ (1979, Action / Ad) Agent 007 meets Hugo Drax, out to nerve-gas Earth. PG HDTV

11:30 am
You Only Live Twice *** (1967, Action / Ad) Agent 007 plays dead, then comes back as an Asian to save the world from SPECTRE's Blofeld. PG HDTV

6pm,
The Spy Who Loved Me ***+ (1977, Action / Ad) Agent 007 and a Russian beauty foil a madman in a submarine out to nuke the world. PG HDTV

8pm,
Dr. No ***+ (1963, Action / Ad) Agent 007 foils a SPECTRE madman out to divert rockets from Cape Canaveral. PG HDTV

10pm
Live and Let Die *** (1973, Action / Ad) Agent 007 charms a tarot reader in Jamaica on the voodoo/heroin trail of a Mr. Big. PG HDTV

6/2 12am
Octopussy *** (1983, Action / Ad) Agent 007 links a fake Faberge egg to smugglers in league with a mad Soviet general. PG HDTV

6/3 8pm
From Russia With Love ***+ (1963, Action / Ad) Agent 007 lands in Istanbul with a Russian beauty, a pawn in SPECTRE's plot to kill him. PG TV-14 HDTV

10pm
The Man With the Golden Gun **+ (1974, Action / Ad) Agent 007 heads for the Orient to find a $1 million hit man with a midget sidekick. PG HDTV

12am
A View to a Kill **+ (1985, Action / Ad) Agent 007 ties a mad tycoon and his statuesque aide to a plot to flood Silicon Valley. PG HDTV

4:30m
On Her Majesty's Secret Service ***+ (1969, Action / Ad) Agent 007 proposes to a contessa and foils SPECTRE chief Blofeld's agricultural plot. PG HDTV

6/3
Diamonds Are Forever *** (1971, Action / Ad) Agent 007 saves the world from Blofeld's space laser. PG HDTV Goldfinger **** (1964, Action / Ad) Agent 007 drives an Aston Martin, runs into Oddjob and fights Goldfinger's scheme to rob Fort Knox. NR HDTV

For Your Eyes Only *** (1981, Action / Ad) Agent 007 skis the Alps, skin-dives in Greece and hunts spies with the daughter of a slain agent. PG HDTV

6/4

License to Kill **+ (1984, Drama) Parents seek justice in the name of their teenage daughter, killed by a drunken driver. NR HDTV

Thunderball *** (1965, Action / Ad) Agent 007 scuba dives after SPECTRE's Largo hijacks nuclear bombs with a hydrofoil yacht. PG HDTV

Never Say Never Again **+ (1983, Action / Ad) Aging agent 007 seeks hijacked warheads and finds SPECTRE's Largo and Fatima Blush. PG HDTV

David Hasselhoff Hosts World High-Definition, Commerical Free Premiers of 17 James...

(cont)...Bond Classics

VOOM HD Networks today announced that international television star David Hasselhoff ('Baywatch,' 'Knight Rider'), will host a month-long Bond programming event beginning June 1st. Anchoring the month on FILMFEST HD (available nationally on DISH Network, Channel 9475) are 17 high-definition world premieres of James Bond classics, both uncut and commercial free. FILMFEST HD is one of 15 VOOM HD Networks, the largest suite of high-definition channels available anywhere. Hasselhoff, recently named host of the new NBC/Simon Cowell series America's Got Talent (premiering June 21), shows viewers he was the man that should have been Bond with his personal rendition of the Johnny Rivers' classic, 'Secret Agent Man,' a new music video that will air on the channel throughout the month and is available exclusively on www.bondonvoom.com. Airing in startling 1080i HD clarity and 5.1 surround sound, FILMFEST HD's 'Ultimate Bond' month features the following HD premieres with encore performances scheduled throughout the month:

June 1 at 8:00pm – Dr. No (1962)
June 2 at 8:00pm – From Russia With Love (1963)
June 3 at 8:00pm – Goldfinger (1964)
June 4 at 8:00pm – Thunderball (1967)
June 5 at 8:00pm – You Only Live Twice (1968)
June 6 at 8:00pm – On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
June 7 at 8:00pm – Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
June 8 at 8:00pm – Live and Let Die (1973)
June 9 at 8:00pm – Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
June 10 at 8:00pm – The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
June 11 at 8:00pm – Moonraker (1979)
June 12 at 8:00pm – For Your Eyes Only (1981)
June 13 at 8:00pm – Never Say Never Again (1983)
June 14 at 8:00pm – Octopussy (1983)
June 15 at 8:00pm – A View to a Kill (1985)
June 16 at 8:00pm – The Living Daylights (1987)
June 17 at 8:00pm – License to Kill (1989)

And the Bond celebration continues on Saturday, June 17 with a special interactive auction event on VOOM's TREASURE HD (DISH Network-Channel 9473) airing live from New York's Planet Hollywood Times Square and presented by Julien's Auctions, the premiere Los Angeles auction house specializing in high-end celebrity memorabilia. Airing from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM ET, the auction features 50 lots of rare Bond memorabilia including the original Lotus prototype driven by Roger Moore in For Your Eyes Only, estimated at $250,000/$350,000 plus items from the estate of Harold Sakata, whose portrayal of Odd Job is arguably one of the most well-remembered villains in Bond film history – on the block are Sakata's gold metal ring (est. $8,000-10,000) worn in ' Goldfinger' and the deadly black derby hat used to sever the head off a stone statue.

http://www.elitestv.com/pub/2006/May/EEN447da8aacaf05.html

Last edited:
Now we're talking....

OK, E*... now how about jacking up the resolution to full HD. This is the channel you want playing at your retailers to help you sell HD programming....

Well, if they follow their pattern, they will rerun these for months, unless it is a one month window they have here.....

James Bond HD Film Fest

This started this morning on Voom. Looks pretty good so far.

Live and let Die is on now. Looks like they have all of the good ones, and some of the bad ones (View to a kill, Mag Secret Service).

I can't wait for "From Russia with Love" in HD. Looks like Film Fest is 24/7 Bond for the forseeable future.

riffjim4069 said:
Yep, so far so good...

Most look ok with a video bit rate between 12.0Mbps and 12.25Mbps....would not call it great by any means.

Thus far Live and Let Die as well as Dr. No have not been in Scope - though they were not filmed that way. Apparently the decision for each Bond Film was very inconsistent which is obvious now.

I was not happy with the way You Only Live Twice looked. The print they used is heavily damaged (probably acid burns) and there are white spots all over the transfer which should have been digitally corrected - unless it was Oakley placing their logo throughout the film. This happened in same place on 129W and 61.5W - it was not due to the encoder.

Sony clearly did the transfers as their logo is at the end and they plan to put these out in BluRay format.

I haven't sat down to really listen to the audio to see much attention to detail was put into that.

If you use 129W, it is 0.1Mbps higher than 61.5W on every showing thus far - however 129W IS SPACE JUNK and has most people I have talked to have already seen issues in virtually every showing off 129W today - the error rate is much worse than 61.5.

Still would have preferred them in 1920x1080i with the bitrate that MonsterHD had last year....but I guess one must spend about a grand for the collection that Sony will offer if you want that. As can be seen above.....there are better looking transfers for films of this age.

I clearly could do without David Hasselhoff between every film telling us his impressions of Bond. A cameo in SpongeBob was enough....but this is taking it over the top. This isn't Europe and Hasselhoff's 15 minutes ran out 10 years ago.

I've always had a soft spot for on her majesty's secret service - if you read the books, it 's more true to them than the others. I'm probably in the minority here but I never really liked Roger Moore as Bond. Connery obviously was the best, followed by Brosnan, Dalton, Lazenby and then Moore. Hey, I know that most will disagree but I'm recording mostly the other guys. I will agree that Live and Let Die was a great Bond movie, in spite of Moore.