Final Conclusion On a Matter

Motorhead720

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2015
Greeneville,TN
I've read a lot of articles on this forum about wing dishes. I'm still a E* newbie so bare with me. Most likely my install will be a 1000.4 WA set up. The 110/119 numbers should be ok,it's just the 129 I'm concerned with.So,what about using a Dish 500 as a wing dish with the skew set at 90,I-Bracket with a DishPro LNB with a cable running from it and connected to the satellite in port on the 1000.4 DPP LNB? Will this set up improve the signal numbers from the 129? Any else have this set up? If so,is your signal numbers better?

You, like countless numbers of us here, should be fine with the simple 1000.4 setup. 129 signal should me more than adequate.

Thanks KAB. Just didn't want to sink another chain link fence post in the ground if I didn't need to. I have read since the launch of Ciel 2, the numbers have gotten better from the 129 bird.

I've read a lot of articles on this forum about wing dishes. I'm still a E* newbie so bare with me. Most likely my install will be a 1000.4 WA set up. The 110/119 numbers should be ok,it's just the 129 I'm concerned with.So,what about using a Dish 500 as a wing dish with the skew set at 90,I-Bracket with a DishPro LNB with a cable running from it and connected to the satellite in port on the 1000.4 DPP LNB? Will this set up improve the signal numbers from the 129? Any else have this set up? If so,is your signal numbers better?

What makes you think you're getting a 1000.4 WA? They're pretty rare. The normal dish for WA is a 1000.2 WA.

I think wing dishes were more an eastern thing..,Called a split arc. Dish migrated channels to either the earc or the warc so only a single dish is needed for the most part.

I read an article that E* was using the 1000.4 on all new installs. The LNBS were inter-changeable. I might have misread it.

Nope. Normally Western Arc installs get a 1000.2 WA (110,119,129) and Eastern Arc installs get a 1000.2 EA (72,61.5).

Thanks for the clarification. I just saw in the article that one could use the 1000.4 on EA and WA with each having their own LNB set up.

1000.4 dishes were primarily used for Eastern Arc for a year or two a few years ago. Dish briefly made a Western Arc LNB for the 1000.4 but they were all pulled back in favor of the 1000.2 for both arcs which also works for both east and west by changing the LNBF.

Reactions: Motorhead720
1000.4 dishes were primarily used for Eastern Arc for a year or two a few years ago. Dish briefly made a Western Arc LNB for the 1000.4 but they were all pulled back in favor of the 1000.2 for both arcs which also works for both east and west by changing the LNBF.
Just to add on to that, the 1000.4 was mainly to get the 72.7, 61.5, and the now mostly unused 77. I beleive 77 is only used for EA customers getting latino programming, but that could have very much changed. 1000.2 is the most common Dish now, and is the standard install for in house technicians.

Still got my 1000.4 sat dish and get great signal strength for all 3 sats. I installed it myself back in 2008 and re-installed it after Hurricane Ike hit. After Hurricane Rita in 05, I learned to take my sat dishes down and put them in the house. That way once the electricity comes back on I can re-install my dish and I'm up and running in less than 20 minutes. My sister went over a month without cable in 05 , and again in 08 after Ike. I was up and running in no time.

77 still has some CONUS locals active. Trust me, I know. :)
Yes, I "lived" in Little Rock( off the 77 sat) for a summer a few years back. But the constant weather alerts and tornado warnings interfered with my tv viewing too much. I was born there and lived there till I was 6 years old and I remember a tornado skipped through our neighborhood and threw my swing set two houses down but luckily missed our house.

Quick semi-related question. Does a 1000.2 EA / 722 setup require a power inserter? I've been using a D500 (pointed at 61.5 & 72.7) with an external switch (SW42 maybe?) and there's a inserter installed. My brother dropped DISH this winter and I now have his 1000.2 EA. I'm guessing I can get rid of the inserter (and SW obviously)?

Quick semi-related question. Does a 1000.2 EA / 722 setup require a power inserter? I've been using a D500 (pointed at 61.5 & 72.7) with an external switch (SW42 maybe?) and there's a inserter installed. My brother dropped DISH this winter and I now have his 1000.2 EA. I'm guessing I can get rid of the inserter (and SW obviously)?

The 1000.2 does not require a power inserter.

Reactions: JayStil
The 1000.2 will support up to 3 DPP receivers, for a possible total of up to 6 tuners.

You can run one wire from the 1000.2 to the 722 for both tuners if you use a separator.

Yeah, I already have a separator in use at the 722. My other receiver is a 211 so only a single tuner there.

Looks like the weather is supposed to be decent this weekend. Sounds like a good time to get on the roof. :thumbup