Final Straw

MrMylesG

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Perry Hall, MD
I have been a Dish Network subscriber since the late 80's and have been fairly satisfied with Dish. But lately the customer service (especially email inquiries) needs improvement. The last straw came a week or so ago. We subscribe to Russian Channels HTVamerica and Channel 1. My wife is Russian so she was very happy with the selection. Now, without warning they have cancelled Channel 1 and replaced it with TVci channel which is not nearly as good. :mad: :mad: :mad: We contacted Channel 1 and were advised that they were not notified about the change either.
So to make a long story short, my wife was checking out DirecTV and found they offer a four channel Russian package for $30 a month. Needless to say, we are dropping Dish for DirecTV and will have it installed today.:)
I am also a FTA'er so I watch the really good TV selections from G10, SBS, AMC4 and IA5 to fill in the gaps.:D :D
MrM

DISH Network started broadcasting in March of 1996. I know with their quality service it seems like a long time but they didn't even have a satellire in orbit in the 80's

boba said:
DISH Network started broadcasting in March of 1996. I know with their quality service it seems like a long time but they didn't even have a satellire in orbit in the 80's

Boba he might have been a C-band guy and a lot of them tie Dish and Charlie together.

Echosphere Corporation did have a programming arm. Dish isn't 25 years old by a long shot, Echostar isn't either but Echosphere the original Corporation is. Echosphere is now a corporation held by Echostar and is only one of many that have been formed under the Echostar banner.

Early Echostar

I remember getting my first "Dish". It was a model 4700, wireless remote, one dish, a model 1000 receiver and cost me $1500. I had it when Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video was released in 1983 so I know I had it at least that long ago. MTV was a lot better in those days too.

MrM

MrMylesG said:
I remember getting my first "Dish". It was a model 4700, wireless remote, one dish, a model 1000 receiver and cost me $1500. I had it when Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video was released in 1983 so I know I had it at least that long ago. MTV was a lot better in those days too.

MrM
If you're talking about a little dish, your memory serves you wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)