Finally Cancelled

occammd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Thanks so much for your info on this site. It really helped me get up and running to evaluate VOOM. It's not for me though.

I just had cable installed today and I'm going to give that a try. $44.95 w/HD DVR, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, InHD1, InHD2, HDNet, HDNet movies, HBOHD, SHOHD, local HD for FOX, ABC, CBS, Sunshine HD, PBS HD.

I can finally drop my land line and go to cable modem as well.

Had no trouble getting through to cancel, only took a few minutes.

In my area cable only provides HBOHD, SHOHD, CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, PBS and DiscHD. All that for 52 bucks per mth. So I cancelled and VOOMed it for the same price. That was the best thing I did. But I probably wouldnt have if my cable line up looked included all the above ch's.

occammd said:
$44.95 w/HD DVR, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, InHD1, InHD2, HDNet, HDNet movies, HBOHD, SHOHD, local HD for FOX, ABC, CBS, Sunshine HD, PBS HD.
Wow, I've never heard of such offerings by a cable company at that price. what's your cable company? and where are you located?

forget the the line up the price. Cable only charges $45.00 that for all those programs. I'm moving too.

vinnyv07 said:
In my area cable only provides HBOHD, SHOHD, CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, PBS and DiscHD. All that for 52 bucks per mth. So I cancelled.
Sounds similar to Comcast in my area. That's pathetic!!! What did you cancel VOOM or your cable?

Sorry...Im at work and had to run out of the office....I cancelled cable. They really gave me nothing for the price they were charging. And also....they were chargiing 10 bucks a mth for the rental of the HD receiver that they gave to me. Not a good deal.

Aye, no sh*t, I'm moving too! The only reason I got Voom is because my local cable provider (Cox) said that they wont have HD for at least a year. Screw that!

Here cable offers ABC,CBS,NBC,PBS. If it weren't for the cable modem, I would have switched long ago.

I'm from Hudson, FL about 40 miles from Tampa, what company is it that you went with? Screw Voom if I can get that deal.

Its probably just a promotional special and he only gets the first 3 months for that price or something like that. then after the 3 months it goes up to $125 a month or whatever. :)

I find it hard to believe that they are not charging extra for HBOHD, SHOHD. These are premium channels that never are part of basic package unless it is a promotional deal like someone mentinoned above.

I cancelled Cox in Hampton Roads-Va after two months because they only offered CBSHD, PBSHD,ESPNHD,DISCHD,INHD1,INHD2, SHOWHD (extra cost) and HBOHD (Extra cost). Voom had more HD channels and I was paying the same for the VaVAVoom package.

Nasty,am;

It's BH w/ the new 750MHz (to 1GHz) upgrade in my area. I would think you would fall into that, but maybe not. You guys in Hudson just started knocking down the blocks and putting tires back on your mobile homes just recently (I should talk, I live in Lutz) so maybe its not done yet.

I can tie in the cable modem for another $30 and intend to do that next week and drop DSL.

It is a promo, but lasts a year and there is no contract, so why not, I have my own URL so my mail system is independant of my ISP, so that hassle goes away. I'll "discuss" the new price with them in 12 months.

Nobody beats my Cox cable for craptastic HD.

$7/month for box.

$10/month for HD pkg. The $10/month gets you InHD 1 & 2 as well as ESPN.

Although PBS, NBC and FOX (upconverting currently at 720p) are available in OTA-HD, none are carried.

If you subscribe to HBO or SHO, you get their HD channel.

DHDT is an additional $5/month.

They can't add any more HD because bandwidth limitations, and PQ is awful.

You can't subscribe to just HD, you have to get digital tier. With tax and fees, minimum bill with HD is $75. Those who think this is better than having no HD on their cable are wrong. Cox is much worse. I absolutely beleive this is the worst HD option in the entire country. Sometimes I think I'll move to Dallas so I can get Comcast, the best value in HD, period. Good luck occammd, didn't mean to rant in your thread. I'm jealous. Sounds like your lucky to live in a place serviced by non-POS cable company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)