Finally Did It!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raven316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Athens, GA
I finally pulled the plug on Charter after years of thinking about it. They are coming to install the system Tuesday. How realistic is it to move the wireless Joey around from TV to TV? We generally just watch one TV but have 5 scattered around the house. It sounds like I can't make any changes with the installer without trashing the deal so I guess we'll just find out.

I finally pulled the plug on Charter after years of thinking about it. They are coming to install the system Tuesday. How realistic is it to move the wireless Joey around from TV to TV? We generally just watch one TV but have 5 scattered around the house. It sounds like I can't make any changes with the installer without trashing the deal so I guess we'll just find out.
The only problem you would possibly have is distance/obstruction to the WAP.

The only problem you would possibly have is distance/obstruction to the WAP.
Yea, we are building a big addition and the master BR is going to be a ways from where the Hopper will go. I was given to understand that the installer will make sure things work before he leaves. If the Wireless Joey doesn't cut it I wonder what my option(s) will be?

If the Wireless Joey doesn't cut it I wonder what my option(s) will be?
I'd think they would insist on locating it in a spot that it works well or not leave it. Dish doesn't want to deal with support calls or tech returns if they know it doesn't work 100%.

Another newbie question. So the remote is an RF and you only get one? The same remote works the wireless joey and the hopper?

Another newbie question. So the remote is an RF and you only get one? The same remote works the wireless joey and the hopper?

Well, the same model remote works on the wireless joey and the hopper, however the same remote does not, at least not easily. Each remote in a hopper/joey setup is paired with the receiver it is setup with. If you want to have multiple remotes you'll have to pair each one of them with the WJ and in all honesty I have no experience with this so I don't know if it's possible to pair multiple remotes with a WJ.

Well, the same model remote works on the wireless joey and the hopper, however the same remote does not, at least not easily. Each remote in a hopper/joey setup is paired with the receiver it is setup with. If you want to have multiple remotes you'll have to pair each one of them with the WJ and in all honesty I have no experience with this so I don't know if it's possible to pair multiple remotes with a WJ.
So I guess you just get one on the installation?

As others mentioned one remote for each rcvr.. They are uhf and work very well from great distances. Also the device codes for tv's, amps, etc are stored in the hopper remote setup screen. No more looking up codes from a manual, input the manufacturer and model # and the hopper programs the remote for you. It's freekin awesome!

I do not think you can program a single remote to a Hopper, and a Joey at the same time, via UHF. Everytime I have tried that, it has only linked to one at a time, and will not link to another, until after it has been unlinked.

I had an extra remote so I set it up to run the TV in the spare room when I move the Joey - if you plan to move yours around just buy another remote. They aren't expensive & available in lots of stores (like WalMart).

I agree, just get extra remotes if you are going to move the wireless joey around, they are inexpensive. The UHF works exceptionally well, I have a remote in the basement that operates a Hopper on the 2nd floor without any problem, yet my old DirecTV UHF remote had issues working in the same room,

So they came an installed it today. Looks pretty good and I took the wireless joey to the furthest reach of the new addition and it works. I know it's a matter of getting used to how it functions but I hot channels that are HD and there is a big border around the picture but if I scroll up a channel and it seems to be full HD when I return?

What do you have your picture settings as? You may have gone to the SD counter part for whatever reason...

I know it's a matter of getting used to how it functions but I hot channels that are HD and there is a big border around the picture but if I scroll up a channel and it seems to be full HD when I return?
Be more specific. What channel(s) ? It almost sounds like non-HD channels and either your TV or the receiver is stretching or zooming them (and isn't really "full HD").

I think I just have to figure out how this works. I programmed some lists and when I go to another channel that is not a in that list and I push the the chancel up or down it goes back to the channels in the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts