Finally got it installed (Guam!!!)...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpcramins

Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Hello folks,
Thanks for the help with the boresight issue, as the dishes went in fine in my semi-private front yard. 6 foot dishes work great out here, picking up Panamsat 8 (which will be moved over to NSS 5 when I receive the Powervu decoder from the Exchange with a circular feed LNB) and Asiasat 3S. I've included a few photos. I imagine I'll receive a few snickers given the equipment is Chinese but it seems relatively well made and my picture quality is awesome (particularly compared to the local cable company...). The receiver is labeled "Chietta" and seems quite similar to the Fortec Star brand, maybe the veterans here can look at my screen pics and give some input, probably clones... The LNB's are labeled "PBI", the model number being a "Turbo 1200", I believe they are 17 degree units. The dishes are the same ones being sold by Sadoun (180cm) and seem relatively sturdy, not the same as a 7.5 foot SAMI, but if you pay for the shipping out here in Guam I'll gladly take one...
Garry

Attachments

• S_DSC00031.JPG
    S_DSC00031.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 414
  • S_DSC00032.JPG
    S_DSC00032.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 550
  • S_DSC00033.JPG
    S_DSC00033.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 346
  • S_DSC00040.JPG
    S_DSC00040.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 401
  • S_DSC00041.JPG
    S_DSC00041.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 398
  • S_DSC00045.JPG
    S_DSC00045.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 444
  • S_DSC00046.JPG
    S_DSC00046.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 448
  • S_DSC00047.JPG
    S_DSC00047.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 392
great setup

Congrats on your setup, Looks good. the fixed position dishes look like they are well made and the mounting legs are interesting. I saw one those 1.8 Meter dishes on a satellite dealer website but it was badged "fortec star" . Your LNBF's look like dms international asc-421's just by looking. I am sure this stuff is named all different kinds of names for different markets. Your signals look good too.

it would also be great if you could do a KU dish. Trucker:)

gpcramins said:
Hello folks,
Thanks for the help with the boresight issue, as the dishes went in fine in my semi-private front yard. 6 foot dishes work great out here, picking up Panamsat 8 (which will be moved over to NSS 5 when I receive the Powervu decoder from the Exchange with a circular feed LNB) and Asiasat 3S. I've included a few photos. I imagine I'll receive a few snickers given the equipment is Chinese but it seems relatively well made and my picture quality is awesome (particularly compared to the local cable company...). The receiver is labeled "Chietta" and seems quite similar to the Fortec Star brand, maybe the veterans here can look at my screen pics and give some input, probably clones... The LNB's are labeled "PBI", the model number being a "Turbo 1200", I believe they are 17 degree units. The dishes are the same ones being sold by Sadoun (180cm) and seem relatively sturdy, not the same as a 7.5 foot SAMI, but if you pay for the shipping out here in Guam I'll gladly take one...
Garry

Is that a LNBF ( no polorotor ) ?

Anyone knoe if that style of dish can be converted to a moveable dish , practically / cost effectively ?

Great job !

Wyr

Nice setup

gpcramins said:
Hello folks,
Garry

A nice job!!! Congrats!
jeff

Update on system...

Yes, I think the LNBF's are the exact same item as the ASC-421's (for the fellow who asked earlier, there is no polorotor). I believe the dish could be installed on a polar mount (no reason why not) and hopefully Sadoun will carry the mount soon (it does exist, at least on JONSA's website) as my first act would be to order one and set it up (I'd imagine a polar mount could be fabricated for the dish with little trouble). I live in military housing and almost no one is aware of being able to do this, so I'm already being hounded with questions, particularly given the feeds we can receive off NSS 5 for the AFN network. One thing I have noticed, while the receiver does have a "search" feature, it does not seem to have "blind scan" as described for the Coolsat, Fortec Star, etc. so a new receiver with that function may be in order shortly. As I was not sure if the dishes would work in my front yard, I used bricks and 2x4 sections to secure them temporarily until I pour the bases from a couple of bags of concrete.
Garry

That exactly what I want but on a polar mount they have a 6 footer P1806P which would be perfect

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)