Finally got motor installed. Need some help..

I've seen odd behavior reported from mostly STAB motors, I believe, that go to zero once in a while.
Never seen a pattern in that faults or a clear cause found, other than that it seemed to be a control board problem of the STAB motor.

I'm afraid I cannot help you there, other than mention that I have sometimes read about it.... but don't understand what caused it also....

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: comfortably_numb
My experience of my DG-2100 motor going to 0 is if the correct satellite azimuth is not stored in the designated memory (or maybe it got corrupted?). Corrective action is to just reset the motor. After reset, the motor behaves as it should.

On DG-2100, "Goto 0" is the command to make the motor return to centre position. But Reset means to erase all memories in the motor. Once this action is taken, you then must store each memory again by using USALS to find each satellite. It sounds like Stab may not have this feature.

You cannot reset the new Stabs. I have one too.. There is no reset switch on it. Sometimes, ill be on say 123w and want to move to 125w. The darn thing will go all the way to Top Of Arc before returning back to 125w. I just tell myself to wait up to 4 minutes for the Dish to move into place. I still have my USALS setup, but its only for testing purposes. Make sure your utilizing USALS and not diseqc. Being you cannot reset the STAB, i had one time had programmed 1.2 positions into some of the satellites, and it will go where ever those save positions are. So, make sure its using USALS and not diseqc. Or, maybe switch that one satellite to Diseqc, and then move the dish to the right position, and save the position.

It is confusing. And Lyngsat doesn't help to clarify. They have never deleted LDS from 89W though it's been gone for months nor added LDS to 115W. And they deleted BYU from 117W after it was listed there for years. I wish Lyngsat had some way to easily suggest corrections for errors/omissions.

Reactions: KE4EST
They will..
Thanks for this. I never knew. Update sent today. Let's see if they update the listing for this satellite.

They will.. I have sent numerous updates to lyngsat and he has always updated it. He is also forgiving if you don't submit all the information listed in his updates page, as you may not have all that information. He is on the other side of the Globe, so he needs the public to submit those updates.

I've always noticed though that everyone is much slower removing dead signals. I suspect because people are nervous about doing that because maybe they think the signal might be too weak for them to receive or might be a temporary situation.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)