Finally got my hands on a DSR-530F

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
After waiting for over a year for one to pop up on ebay well it did and now the fun begins.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
Aren't those about as rare as hens teeth?
Where was it hiding?
In service, or new from some forgotten warehouse?

Aren't those about as rare as hens teeth?
Where was it hiding?
In service, or new from some forgotten warehouse?

Yes they are very rare.

No clue came from ford dealer in PA.

I'm confused as to what makes this special (or basically why would you want it)?

• Try old ford transponder (Even thought its gone but less then a minute to lineup high powered 101)
  • Try the manual tune. (This works i was able to lock 105 if-1410 and 1430)
  • See if UA# is able to be added to the "hits universe"
  • Try to read the nvram and make img of hard drive.
  • If its possible to write a custom channel map thus allowing ITC DCII mpeg 2 SD/HD ITC channels.
  • Try to write the nvram to a voom dsr-550 and see if we can convert them to dsr-530f firmware and also add dvr function.

Oh, now I see what you're up to. :)
But do you think you'll get clearance on those Voom UA#'s?
That might be the stumbling point, even if alll else goes well.
Best of luck, regardless.

And if you can arrange for some HD programming, I might even sign up. ;)

iPhone 4

wallyhts said:
[*]Try old ford transponder (Even thought its gone but less then a minute to lineup high powered 101)
[*]Try the manual tune. (This works i was able to lock 105 if-1410 and 1430)
[*]See if UA# is able to be added to the "hits universe"
[*]Try to read the nvram and make img of hard drive.
[*]If its possible to write a custom channel map thus allowing ITC DCII mpeg 2 SD/HD ITC channels.
[*]Try to write the nvram to a voom dsr-550 and see if we can convert them to dsr-530f firmware and also add dvr function.

Awesome!

I recently cleaned out a Ford dealership undergoing renovations and have 2 of these units. One is used but was still operational when they were linked up to Fordstar. It was turned off many years ago and boxed up. The other is brand new in the original box and packaging. I was told to sort the equipment we collected from the building and salvage what gear was worth anything and toss the rest. I still have the very large satellite dish they used on the roof top and plans to haul away to the dump very soon. Are these DSR530F boxes worth anything? I did not understand what the original fellow was saying? I am an IT guy and not a satellite guy by any means. That being said I pickup fast and with minimal instructions can complete most tasks. So I was just wondering what these can do and if it was worth me diving into this world to try a thing or 2? Can someone please spell out the hidden agenda posted here and what the best case scenario would be? I can decide then to either sell it on EBay or start researching. Thanks everyone...

Once upon a time, there was a fella who used to post on the digitalhome.ca site who seemed to have a lot of insider background regarding the development behind the Ford boxes.

I got the impression that the 530F was essentially a StarChoice/ShawDirect Motorola PVR 530 with a bigger hard drive.

I could be mistaken.

Once upon a time, there was a fella who used to post on the digitalhome.ca site who seemed to have a lot of insider background regarding the development behind the Ford boxes.

I got the impression that the 530F was essentially a StarChoice/ShawDirect Motorola PVR 530 with a bigger hard drive.

I could be mistaken.

Yes, I remember that as well. I think ford payed Motorola 10 Million to develop the system.

I recently cleaned out a Ford dealership undergoing renovations and have 2 of these units. One is used but was still operational when they were linked up to Fordstar. It was turned off many years ago and boxed up. The other is brand new in the original box and packaging. I was told to sort the equipment we collected from the building and salvage what gear was worth anything and toss the rest. I still have the very large satellite dish they used on the roof top and plans to haul away to the dump very soon. Are these DSR530F boxes worth anything? I did not understand what the original fellow was saying? I am an IT guy and not a satellite guy by any means. That being said I pickup fast and with minimal instructions can complete most tasks. So I was just wondering what these can do and if it was worth me diving into this world to try a thing or 2? Can someone please spell out the hidden agenda posted here and what the best case scenario would be? I can decide then to either sell it on EBay or start researching. Thanks everyone...

They are not worth that much $50 at most. Hate to hear your taking the dish to the dump.

Me too!!!

I found one too...

Wonder if it takes to mapping with a bdm cable??? guess we'll find out...

Hopefully I didn't just buy a fifty dollar hard drive....

gardo403 said:
I found one too...

Wonder if it takes to mapping with a bdm cable??? guess we'll find out...

Hopefully I didn't just buy a fifty dollar hard drive....

It's a different chipset it's the Broadcom so I think you need the other cable from usbjtag.
And not even sure if it will work but try it and see I would love to hear the outcome. It could turn out that we could turn vooms into 530f and get them to get FP channels and record them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)