Finally got the new Turbo software last night!

I got my 211 updated yesterday to L520 and it killed my picture. After checking I had lost my HDMI connection. I reconnected with component cable and it came up and said I had been Turbo Charged. Every thing works OK but I no longer have a HDMI connection on the receiver. MY connection on the TV and the cable are fine. I guess They just sent me to much Turbo. My 622 hasn't been updated yet.

Don't worry about it... if you watch it even if the PQ is good its two hours of your life that you can't get back. I think it was one of the worst Will Smith Movies ever made.

The book was good, but the movie... bah!

(BTW I am hearing hopefully the movie should be available to those with the software update by the Weekend.)

I thought people waiting to order this 1080p movie just to compare HD PQ, nothing to do with actually watching the movie?:)

Got L6.10 on my 722 last night, and I Am Legend finally showed up in 501 today. However, it doesn't work with my Sharp Aquos 1080P TV! When the 722 tests the TV, the TV (NOT the 722) displays and error saying "An incompatible signal has been received". The test then fails and the 722 claims the TV doesn't work with 1080P. This same TV work just fine with my AppleTV and a (borrowed) BD player; both units in 1080P. So, I know for a fact this TV does support 1080P. And this is the same make/model that Dish sells (sold?) at a (cough) "discount" with their (old?) dishHD package. Looks like Dish needs to do some more brand testing.

And yes, I had HMDI hooked up, and the TV is only three months old.

Don't worry about it... if you watch it even if the PQ is good its two hours of your life that you can't get back. I think it was one of the worst Will Smith Movies ever made.

The book was good, but the movie... bah!

(BTW I am hearing hopefully the movie should be available to those with the software update by the Weekend.)

Agreed, the movie was dissappointing. The Shelby he was driving was HOT though!

Got L6.10 on my 722 last night, and I Am Legend finally showed up in 501 today. However, it doesn't work with my Sharp Aquos 1080P TV! When the 722 tests the TV, the TV (NOT the 722) displays and error saying "An incompatible signal has been received". The test then fails and the 722 claims the TV doesn't work with 1080P. This same TV work just fine with my AppleTV and a (borrowed) BD player; both units in 1080P. So, I know for a fact this TV does support 1080P. And this is the same make/model that Dish sells (sold?) at a (cough) "discount" with their (old?) dishHD package. Looks like Dish needs to do some more brand testing.

And yes, I had HMDI hooked up, and the TV is only three months old.

Maybe your TV needs a firmware update? I've heard of similar problems that were resolved via firmware updates on the TV.

Try to check HDMI using Diags menu of 722.

I checked the HMDI diagnostics as you suggested. 1080P isn't listed in the "supported formats" list, when clearly this TV in fact supports 1080P. As I said before, this TV works just fine with the 1080P output by my AppleTV the (borrowed) BD player.

I tried call Dish and got the usual "no help" BS; do a front panel reset, pull the plug for 15 minutes, we can give you a replacement receiver (for $25 shipping); yada, yada, yada. CSR refused to pass me to Advanced Tech Help. Idiots.

Not sure were to go from here?!?!?

That looks normal - any Dish ViP box can negotiate with HDTV set for 480i/480p/720p/1080i resolutions. As described before they checking for 1080p only when you have the movie downloaded and attempt to play it, it's one shot routine.
Basically you can catch what's going on using your HDTV remote and press Info button during that specific time.

That looks normal - any Dish ViP box can negotiate with HDTV set for 480i/480p/720p/1080i resolutions. As described before they checking for 1080p only when you have the movie downloaded and attempt to play it, it's one shot routine.
Basically you can catch what's going on using your HDTV remote and press Info button during that specific time.

OK, that make sense that the HMDI diagnostics would only display the previous non-1080P resolutions for now.

----

The information displayed by the TV Info button is already being displayed during the resolution test (I checked with the TV Info button). However, let me be more precise as to what's happening.

Just before the resolution test, and while the Guide info with the test dialog is showing, the TV Info shows "1080i". This is expected.

When the test starts, the TV Info "1080i" goes to "--", then TV goes black while displaying the message saying "An incompatibile video signal has been received. Check the output device settings" for about 3 seconds. The TV is generating this error message, NOT the 722.

The message goes away and the TV screan stays black for about 5 seconds.

The same message is displayed from the TV again for another two seconds, and for this entire time, the TV Info is still "--".

Finally, the Guide info with the failure dialog appears, and the TV Info goes back to "1080i".

This whole process tells me that the 722 is sending test 1080P signal to the TV that the TV doesn't understand. Hence, the TV won't tell the 722 that it got a good 1080P signal. What would be wrong with the 1080P signal the 722 is sending, when (as I said), my AppleTV and (borrowed) BD player works just fine with 1080P?

I found that within 24 hours after the software upgrade my 722 had some issues. The screen went black and was screeching according to my wife. I had her reset the receiver and everything was fine. Is this a software issue perhaps. Hopefully this software is more stable than Windows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts