Finally kicked back and bought a 3DTV, and will get on Wed. Is the 3D any good on the 3D channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I know there aren't many 3D channels, and yes, I know 3D isn't popular (I think for myself), but just curious. Thank you.

There isn't much, the lower 100's, 104 and 107 I think. One is PPV movies. One is open to most any subscribers that shows 3D content mostly loops aired. If you watch it much for a few months you'll have seen most of it.

ESPN shut down their 3D network late last year. The third network DirecTV carried was dropped middle of last year.

So not much broadcast.

There is always blu-ray though.

Thanks guys. I never had a 3DTV before. How is the 3D on those TVs? I have one that is a Sony passive, and yes I know active is better, but passive is more comfortable. How's the 2D-to-3D conversion? How much 3D is appropriate for your eyes?

Thanks guys. I never had a 3DTV before. How is the 3D on those TVs? I have one that is a Sony passive, and yes I know active is better, but passive is more comfortable. How's the 2D-to-3D conversion? How much 3D is appropriate for your eyes?

Lots of arguments about passive vs active, I chose passive because when I tried active the fluttering bothered me. You will get a great picture with the passive and the glasses are comfortable enough that you can even forget that you're wearing them. Try some Blue-Ray 3D movies, they look great. Netflix streams some 3D stuff as well. When I bought my TV I wanted a Sony but they only sold active at the time but now they have switched to passive.

3D conversion will give you some depth to the picture but nothing will come out of the screen and into your room like real 3D would.

3D will be the next VHS. A dead tech that has no future.

I had a 3D TV, gave it to my kid when I got a larger one. Seemed like mostly a gimmick. I'd show people, they go "oh wow" and after about 10 minutes are bored with it.

I didn't replace it with a 3D TV for a couple of reasons, one it costs a couple hundred bucks more for something I rarely used for more than 10 minutes a month, and two the 3D TVs have the glossier screens which I did not want due to my room having some window glare.

But to each his own, if you have one and like it, great! Wasn't for me though...

I proudly still have a vcr in my set up. It's mostly a clock but I do have a few vhs movies! I used to record from cable because their dvr is too expensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I proudly still have a vcr in my set up. It's mostly a clock but I do have a few vhs movies! I used to record from cable because their dvr is too expensive.

If you're going to go the sarcasm route at least have it make sense.

3d has been a relative failure.

Top Five Blu-ray 3D Sellers for Week Ending 10/20/13 (Per % of Total Unit Sales):

1. Star Trek Into Darkness 3D (20%)
  2. The Wizard of Oz 3D (13%)
  3. Pacific Rim 3D (13%)
  4. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (7%)
  5. Despicable Me 3D (6%)

What doesn't make sense? I have a vcr. I seldom use it, but I still have vhs movies. It is mostly a clock...

I too still have a VCR! Which the guy at Best Buy laughed at when I mentioned it. I mainly use it to copy old tapes (vacations, wedding, etc.) to DVD via my DVD player/recorder.

All I was saying is that I still have a VCR, and it's hooked up to my 3D TV. I don't use it much anymore, so it's basically a clock... If that's trolling, I am sorry....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts