Finally ordered a replacement motor - AND.....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well I finally ordered a replacement motor, and while I was at it I added a Traxis 3500 receiver to the order :) I can't wait for the fst blind scans :)

Last edited:
while i like the traxis 3500 that i have..... my coolsat 5000 is still my primary receiver and easier to use for me. i hope you enjoy the traxis and that motor :) its scanning season :D

I was visiting with an engineer over the Thanksgiving weekend, and the subject of satellite watching came up. Imagine my surprise when he told me that the major network affiliate he works for (not naming names here on the forum :) ) uses a Traxis 3500 to aid in finding their news feeds when not enough info (or incorrect info) is given to master control! He knew it was a Traxis, but didn't know the model number off hand. A quick call to his office and he let me know it was the 3500 :)

Last edited:
congrats on the Xmas goodies

The reports of Traxis blind scans have been pretty good.
Now that they fixed the AC3, it's quite the little bargain.

What sort of motor did you go with this time?
Another 2100, or something more rugged?

Can't recall which antenna you'd been motorizing.
Was it a Primestar, or one of the imported 36's ?

Hope you get it back on line by the holidays.

I ordered the SG2100 again - I now know to hand tighten the connectors :)

For now I am going to put my 80cm Fortec Dish back on with the motor, and then take my Primestar and point it at 30w (if needed). I "might" be able to hit 30w from where the motorized will be. Not sure when I will do this, as we have a winter storm coming - YUCK!
:)

But if you ground mount the dishes that little bit of snow we get you can still work on the dishes :)

Yep it is ground mounted - I told my wife I might not put the motor on until spring and she said "yeah right, you won't let it sit" :) I can never wait to get it done - I have even done stuff in the rain :)

Yep it is ground mounted - I told my wife I might not put the motor on until spring and she said "yeah right, you won't let it sit" :) I can never wait to get it done - I have even done stuff in the rain :)

If you haven't worked on your dishes in the rain, you aren't really serious about the hobby, IMO. :):D:cool:

Rain, cold, hot,sun,clouds,sick,well, whatever. :up

Heck sometimes I just go out and check the coaxes, LNB's, motors, just for the heck of it. :cool:

If you haven't worked on your dishes in the rain, you aren't really serious about the hobby, IMO. :):D:cool:

Rain, cold, hot,sun,clouds,sick,well, whatever. :up

Heck sometimes I just go out and check the coaxes, LNB's, motors, just for the heck of it. :cool:

I can just picture it now. Standing out in the rain, getting soaked, checking the connections to make sure that they are all weather proofed.. :cool:

Done that too. Yesterday i was reclaiming an unused cable, and now have a dedicated c-band on G11 (until the good stuff goes). Just before I got on the ladder to hook the cable-a rush of hooves around me, and the 4 deer I've watched most of the summer came galloping by, maybe 50' away. Little one stopped at the edge of the forest to just stare at me a min or two lol. I dropped my wrench, and away it went. scare the hell out of ya if you aren't expecting it!

Done that too. Yesterday i was reclaiming an unused cable, and now have a dedicated c-band on G11 (until the good stuff goes). Just before I got on the ladder to hook the cable-a rush of hooves around me, and the 4 deer I've watched most of the summer came galloping by, maybe 50' away. Little one stopped at the edge of the forest to just stare at me a min or two lol. I dropped my wrench, and away it went. scare the hell out of ya if you aren't expecting it!

And you standing there with a wrench instead of a gun...what kind of Alabamaian ARE you, anyway? :D:)
All the Alabamaians I know woulda been roasting that backstrap by now...mmmm.....backstrap :lick

Deer comes running through my backyard he's toast. And I live right next to interstate 12! Gonna sound like a war until he's on the ground.

I've never aimed or tweaked my dishes while raining, mainly because I use a receiver and monitor at the dish site as a signal meter. I did, however, stand outside just below my dish farm during a category 1 hurricane to see how the dishes were holding up ;)

I've never aimed or tweaked my dishes while raining, mainly because I use a receiver and monitor at the dish site as a signal meter. I did, however, stand outside just below my dish farm during a category 1 hurricane to see how the dishes were holding up ;)

I have a cable run into my garage so that I can leave the tv/receiver sitting in the window (safe from weather) where I can see them while tuning. As a matter of fact, there is a TV and 2 receivers (1 analog, 1 digital) out there right now because I'm too lazy to keep dragging them back and forth :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)