Finally pulled the trigger on HD for life....

Muckrak3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
Texas
I ended up signing up for another 2 years. As much as I enjoy being contract-free on everything, we have been with Dish for 7 years ( DVR's are the best ) and we won't be leaving any time soon. So we are actually saving $10/month over the next two years. Great deal IMO.

We have Top 120. So now our bill is $39/month plus taxes. Not too bad for all the HD we do get.

And the wife had me sign up for 3 months HBO free so she could see True Blood.

I ended up signing up for another 2 years. As much as I enjoy being contract-free on everything, we have been with Dish for 7 years ( DVR's are the best ) and we won't be leaving any time soon. So we are actually saving $10/month over the next two years. Great deal IMO.

We have Top 120. So now our bill is $39/month plus taxes. Not too bad for all the HD we do get.

And the wife had me sign up for 3 months HBO free so she could see True Blood.

Doesn't your rate go up after 12 months?

It does with the 120 HD add-on, but not with HD for life.

Although right now the test channel 5710 is showing HD Theater.

That's what I thought, but my son switched from Dish America Silver to AT120+ with HD4Life and he is still getting Pallida and HD Discovery Theater.

Why sign up for two more years? Am I not reading this correctly where it says no required to enter into 24 month agreement??

The existing customers can also enjoy the offer. Customers subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD Platinum” package on or before June 3, 2010, will be automatically graduated into “HD Free for Life” without even being required to enter into a 24-month “HD Free for Life” agreement or to pay the HD Programming Upgrade Fee of $99.

Why sign up for two more years? Am I not reading this correctly where it says no required to enter into 24 month agreement??

The existing customers can also enjoy the offer. Customers subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD Platinum” package on or before June 3, 2010, will be automatically graduated into “HD Free for Life” without even being required to enter into a 24-month “HD Free for Life” agreement or to pay the HD Programming Upgrade Fee of $99.

Okay, well I was on the HD 'bronze' package. So I'm not included in that offer.

I have been a Dish customer for 7 years and won't be changing any time soon.

If FIOS INTERNET ( and tv I guess ) was ever to come here, I would switch, but I live in a small community well outside of the nearest major community that has access to FIOS. So for me, the "HD FOR LIFE" was just a great way to save $10/month.

That's what I thought, but my son switched from Dish America Silver to AT120+ with HD4Life and he is still getting Pallida and HD Discovery Theater.

When I upgraded my receiver to HD, I had the AT120 and HD 120 add-on for about a day. I had Palladia and HD Theater.

As soon as I signed up for HD for life, both of those channels disappeared, even in the All Channels list.

The fine print in the HD for life states that both of those channels are not included.
(Unless you also have the Platinum HD)

I need a little help on the HD for Life offer. I have been out of touch for the last 6 weeks, but saw this offer on tv. I have been a Dish customer for 10 years. I have HD Gold + Platinum + locals + AT200. Will this offer save me any $???

I need a little help on the HD for Life offer. I have been out of touch for the last 6 weeks, but saw this offer on tv. I have been a Dish customer for 10 years. I have HD Gold + Platinum + locals + AT200. Will this offer save me any $???

You should already have the free HD offer now. You would've been grandfathered in. If you want, you can drop the HD platinum channels and now save $10 a month.

If I go to the HD America package will I lose the HD for life if I want to upgrade back to one of the Top Packages?

Mostly I watch Science related channels and that HD America package has most of them. The middle package only adds Animal Planet, you have to go to the gold package to get a bunch more, not worth that much more money.

For 30 bucks a month getting TLC, Disc, Travel, Food Network, and History is plenty of science for me. I don't watch MTV, Fox News, or the HD channels that are missing aside from maybe VH1.

I'd rather take the HD America package and add on 2 premium bundles like HBO and Starz or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts