finally thanks guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dannyidp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
ga.
Thanks guys for all the info Its been a lot of help!! I finally got a sig on 103w,I could not hit my true south sat @ 83 tried 84 87 to no avail so I worked on 103w the reason that i wasn't getting a signal is because the lnb was 90 % off. I got it locked in to 103 but i don't have my actuator on yet I don't know what's going to be the best way to do that.:confused: I;m also sure that my ark is not going to be accurate and don't really know how i'm going to get it without true south sat.any info on this would be great...... I'm just excited i'm on one for now....:popcorn

To attempt to track the arc without being able to see the zenith satellite, I'd Adjust the polar angle to equal the location Latitude +1/2 degree. While the dish is at zenith, rotate the mount on the pole so the dish is aimed south. Then I'd actuator (actuator or other means to hold the dish in position on the polar axis) to tip the dish, on its polar axis, down so it's aiming at the elevation for the satellite you're looking for. (A-la- a fixed dish.Because theres no elevation scale- measure the angle of a straight edge placed vertical across the face of the dish) rotate the mount on the pole til you find it. After the first sat is found, try and find the next, and then the next all the way to the end of the arc(adjusting azimuth ONLY) When the last satellite is found lock down the mount on the pole, return to the first satellite(closest to zenith that can be seen) and readjust the ELEVATION(if necessary). Then re- check performance on the satellites on the side of the arc that was used to adjust azimuth, and touch up azimuth if necessary. Then check operation on the other side of the arc, if its possible.
Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com is going to be a big help. It will show what the elevation to the desired satellite is from your location.

There was a place on my first big dish, on the mount, where I was able to attach a protractor. It was useful finding satellites and locating the arc. So if you could do the same, you could use your actuator to move your dish sixteen degrees west and then turn the entire dish on your pole until you got 103.

I used a copier to copy and then enlarge the protractor image to get it the right size. You have to make it so the 90 degree mark is at zenith, and the center of the circle of the protractor is the center of the polar mount bolt.

I can't think of another way to get the arc when you can't see your due south satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts