Finally Upgrading to HD 722!-Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

robertw477

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I am finally upgrading my 501 DVR units. Called Dish tonight and spoke to India. (his name is tom :)-sure) TOm tells me I can get two 722 units for 199.00 each less ($100.00 rebate each) and get the HD pack for 6 months FREE with 18 month comittment. Also tells me the dvr charge is $5.99 per unit as well.

Is this correct? I have not paid for DVR service in many years. So it is per unit?
Trying to record my top shows off my current DVRS this week to DVD. Two months ago they told me they would only give me one 722, so for me this works out better. I have been recording via a DVR for many years.

Anyway I dont have close access to phone lines for these units and I dont want to pay $10.00 a month extra so I will need to get those in wall rca relay units.

I had one HDTV for severla years but held off upgrading for a long time. Originally I did not want to pay $800-$1000.00 for those first gen boxes that could not even record.

Any other advice of tips before the installer comes is appreciated. They offered me $10.00 for my old receivers. I will probably ebay them.

One of the main reasons I am upgrading right now is the crappy software upgrade they did on the 501. The 501 was a fanatastic unit for me software wise. The upgrade made it too similar to TIVO and IMHO stinks! I am sire other long time 501 custoemrs are also pissed.

Rob

The 722/622 interface is similar to Tivo minus the dancing tivo guy. It has name based recording and most people love it. You can connect your 722 via the ethernet now and escape the phone line connection fee. You can also use the DISh online features if you connect them via the ethernet. Do a search for dishonline and ethernet and you can see how to do this . Also you can connect an external hard drive to both dvrs and use it for archiving for more room for your dvrs. Do a search on external hard drives and you will see how to do this. You will pay 5.98 a dvr for the dvr fee unless you sub to AEP where you get all premiums and NO dvr fees . The other way is to use dvr advantage for top 200 or top 250 and you will save $3.98 a month on ONE of your dvrs . The second dvr will have a $5.98 dvr fee still. I recommend AEP if you want the most programming and no dvr fees.

The 722/622 interface is similar to Tivo minus the dancing tivo guy. It has name based recording and most people love it. You can connect your 722 via the ethernet now and escape the phone line connection fee. You can also use the DISh online features if you connect them via the ethernet. Do a search for dishonline and ethernet and you can see how to do this . Also you can connect an external hard drive to both dvrs and use it for archiving for more room for your dvrs. Do a search on external hard drives and you will see how to do this. You will pay 5.98 a dvr for the dvr fee unless you sub to AEP where you get all premiums and NO dvr fees . The other way is to use dvr advantage for top 200 or top 250 and you will save $3.98 a month on ONE of your dvrs . The second dvr will have a $5.98 dvr fee still. I recommend AEP if you want the most programming and no dvr fees.

If AEP is the Exverthing Pak I already have that. He did not mention that AEP will bypass the DVR fees.

Thanks for the info. I think I will do the ethernet hookup..I have one of those powerline adapters so I can use one of them for downstairs and run a wire for my other unit.

Rob

If AEP is the Exverthing Pak I already have that. He did not mention that AEP will bypass the DVR fees.

Thanks for the info. I think I will do the ethernet hookup..I have one of those powerline adapters so I can use one of them for downstairs and run a wire for my other unit.

Rob
The 722's are supposed to have the powerline adapters built-in, so you will just want to make sure they are plugged into the outlet (not a powerstrip unless it is one approved for powerline), unless I don't understand powerline adapters. I believe they will both work with the one hooked up to your router.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)