Finally!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have been a DirecTv sub for over a year now. I have decided to move all the money that I was paying DirecTv to Dish until the PQ improves on the HD channels. I was not watching DirecTv because of this. So now Dish gets my $145 a month instead of DirecTv. If DirecTv ever make the 1080i channels 1920x1080i I would give some consideration depending where the entire market stands. This is not a rant and it is not meant to create a disturbance. Facts are that DirecTv is not satisfying me as a customer so therefore I have decided to talk with my pocket.

I'd make the same move if I hadn't stupidly signed up for the Sunday Ticket with D* already and made payments on it. I coulda got the ticket through BEV too, brain wasn't working that day.

I doubt my landlord would be too happy if I put 2 more dishes up for E* on top of those already up.

:) Bravo Sean! If you ain't happy make the change! This is coming from a D* guy. Just do us one favor and take Vurbano with you! Good luck and here is to you coming back to D* one day when it meets your standards, that would mean better pQ for all!:up

Sean Mota said:
I have been a DirecTv sub for over a year now. I have decided to move all the money that I was paying DirecTv to Dish until the PQ improves on the HD channels. I was not watching DirecTv because of this. So now Dish gets my $145 a month instead of DirecTv. If DirecTv ever make the 1080i channels 1920x1080i I would give some consideration depending where the entire market stands. This is not a rant and it is not meant to create a disturbance. Facts are that DirecTv is not satisfying me as a customer so therefore I have decided to talk with my pocket.

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

nzone said:

tell me how? doesn't this says that you are the Troll and not me. I started this thread and stated very clearly that this was not a rant or start controversy. But rather that my money is now better suited with the less of two evils. What is wrong with that? Is it my money or your money TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

FlyingJ said:
:) Bravo Sean! If you ain't happy make the change! This is coming from a D* guy. Just do us one favor and take Vurbano with you! Good luck and here is to you coming back to D* one day when it meets your standards, that would mean better pQ for all!:up

I do not have control on how Vurbano or anyone else want to spend their money or what is their specific situation. I only can do what I have control of. I have control on whom to spend my money for TV entertainment. I can only say that unfortunately DirecTv is not doing it for me PQ wise which is the only reason I left. I had no other problems with DirecTv. In fact, had they maintained the same amount of HD channels with 1920x1080i Resolution on HD channesl at decent bitrates, I would have kept them as my second provider. But now I have Dish and Cable. As I said Dish is not 100% HD Lite free but it is much better than DirecTv in PQ in HD channels. So I am taking the lesser of two evils right now. If FIOS ever comes to my city and have better PQ than satellite, I will go with them. I am ONLY committed to pay to the provider that provides the best PQ. That's is my signature. Some people do not like it but as a previous customer, I can only state what my experience was with DirecTv.

nzone said:

huh?

Calling a staff member a troll? Real smart move.
Sean has worked with HD for a long time and he doesn't want to put up with the HD offerings of DirecTv and decided to go elsewhere and just was saying it.

No need to get pissy and call someone a troll (especially a staff member who has been here since day 1)

FlyingJ said:
Gotta side with Sean on this one.

Same here; although I have enjoyed my DirecTV non-stop since 1996, I have tried the other services only to discover I think they ALL have issues and NONE are that much better than the the other to cause ME to switch; I appreciate the calm and honest opinions Sean seems to offer everyone about HIS situation and experiences. I also commend him for voting his displeasure and HIS opinion with his wallet; to prove his point with DirecTV. Jumping in with a one-liner of "troll" means nothing and adds nothing of importance or value, and its insulting IMHO.

Sorry Sean!

Last edited:
The pressure put on DirecTV by folks moving their accounts - like Sean - hopefully will make DirecTV change their ways. Just make sure, Sean, that you call them and let them know you are switching and why.

Thanks guys. I did and they wrote my comments. I really hope that they do make all channels in full resolution when they get their satellites. I'll be the first to jump up and down and sign back. I have no problems with DirecTv. I liked them as a provider and would go back with no problems once the HD channels are withing PQ standards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)