Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigOleB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2005
SC
IS there anyway to find AC3 audio channels by blind/smart scanning?

I have to manually enter the correct APID when I want to use AC3 audio. I am using Pansat 2500A with latest factory software. Do the newer models, ie. 3500S, find AC3 APID's automatically when blind scanning or do I have something setup incorrectly on the 2500A?

I currently have the PBS stations using AC3 but that is it...

when I scan using my 1500 & 3500, the apid logs in. It shows when you hit info like this

37 [AC3]

The 2500 is a souped up 1500, so it should work

That's what i thought...

For example, when I scan 87W I get no audio until I input APID manually. The APID before I edit is blank and no audio present what so ever. I assume these channels are AC3 only?

FWIW, my CoolSat with the 1.3 firmware does the same thing on AC3 audio channels (aside from the PBS ones which work just fine).

I wonder what causes them not to show up. Maybe someone with more technical knowledge can help us on this one.

Then again it may be time to upgrade to 3500 :rolleyes:

This is the same problem I am running into.. (see my other thread about AC3 troubles...)

The APIDs show up as 0000 for me from scanning

Yours is a Pantec(Resistor modified)?

Mine is Authentic PANSAT 2500A.

Guess they run off of the same software, maybe the problem is in the software and that is way beyond me.

Mine is the Pantec MS-P/F which has a Pantec/Fortec switch on it... As far as I can tell, one position has the resistor, and the other does not.

I am running the original Pansat software

That answers that. Have you tried using the fortec software?

If you get APIDS with Fortec software, that definitely makes it a software issue.

I have heard of people loading the Fortec software on real Pansat but that seems risky to me.

Some people don't really care if channels are AC3 or not. AC3 makes a world of difference in my opinion.

well, AC3 support makes the difference between it working or not, so I would say it makes a world of difference too ;)

in 2 channel audio, AC3 versus PCM 48kHz shouldnt be that much different, as the sample rate is similar, the big advantage of AC3 is multichannel audio (5.1 sound)

You know ShawnGT.. your post keep disappearing from my threads ;) I think this is the 3rd time now.

5.1 is what I was referencing. Next best thing to spending a ton on THX stuff.

ultatryon said:
You know ShawnGT.. your post keep disappearing from my threads ;) I think this is the 3rd time now.
I think I need to log out of the site from home / my phone once and a while. Maybe UBB is getting confused :p

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)