Fine Tuning AT-9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhammett

Original poster
I rented an AcuTrac 3 for the installation of some AU-9S dishes. While I had it, I'd figure I'd align my AT-9. Using dithering, I've peaked azimuth and elevation. However, when I adjust the tilt, I'm way out there. I'm supposed to have 75 tilt and the best signal I have is as low as the tilt will allow (40). The elevation is roughly correct and the azimuth, well, it seems pointed correctly , but it's hard to use a compass to align a metal structure. On 13v no 22 kHz, I'm in the mid 80s. When I switch to 13v 22 kHz tone, I can't really beat 61 high 24 low and that is way out of where it's supposed to be. When near 75 where it's supposed to be, it's 49 high and 22 low.

oh, and there's condensation inside 2 LNBs (the outer ones) and a small puddle inside the middle LNB.

The mast must be plumb and the tilt set for your location. Then the elevation is set and then the azimuth. Then you dither the El and AZ. Leave the tilt alone.

I had my AT9 relocated yesterday and the tech ended up reading the wrong sat. He was using an Accutrac (not sure what model). He was a new tech and had to call his boss. They told him that he had the wrong sat. He changed the az about 2 degrees and hit the 101. Then dithered it in and all is well. :)

You should really replace the LNB. Condensation inside is not a good thing.

My problem was that I was lining up on 110 instead of 101. Now that I have that corrected, I've never seen signal this good! I saw 10x 100s on one of my receivers.

I'll be calling DirecTV about the water tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)